Wednesday, February 17, 2010

MFT Blog Hop: Who's That Birthday Girl?



Welcome to the My Favorite Things Who's That Birthday Girl blog hop! If you've already been hopping with us, then you should have arrived here by way of Michele. If not, then I hope you'll take a minute to get caught up on all the wonderful eye candy, starting with Kim.

Today's blog hop is featuring both this month's VIP kit and an adorable new Easter set, What's Crackin'. As always, you can find the newest of new in the Brand Spankin' New section of the MFT store.

So, what is a VIP kit? It's a one-day-only chance to get one of next month's stamp sets a whole two weeks early, along with a super fun bundle of coordinating product! This month's VIP kit inludes:

Who’s That Birthday Girl stamp set
FREE Invitation Only MINI set ($9 value)
Birthday Button Mix
Birthday Baby Braddies Mix
Birthday Ribbons
Sparkly Fluff in Cotton Candy (pink)

All yours for only $32.75! But hurry, the VIP kit is available today only (February 17).

I'm tickled to see a new birthday set, and since my dearest friend in the whole wide world celebrated her birthday yesterday, I thought I'd whip up something just for her. (Happy Birthday, dear Laura!) Check out those number candles -- are they the coolest? Cool enough to make even "42" look good! The candles are sitting on a Copic-colored, Frosted Lace-Stickled birthday cake, and our Who's That Birthday Girl is wearing a fashionable skirt paper pieced from Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird collection.

I played around with the sentiment a bit to create kind of a sentiment/embellishment combo.



And last, a look at the inside, where I picked up some of the design elements from the front and included a second sentiment:



Your next stop on the hop is Joanne! Have fun, and thanks for stopping by!






Stamps: Who's That Birthday Girl VIP Kit (My Favorite Things)
Paper: MFT Perfect Paper Panel. Stampin' Up Real Red, Papertrey Vintage Cream, Cosmo Cricket Early Bird dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress inks, Stampin' Up So Saffron
Accessories: Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, Spellbinders long rectangle and classic circle Nestabilities, Frosted Lace Stickles, Spellbinders Labels 4 and classic circel Nestabilities, Spellbinders Fancy Scalloped Butterfly Piercabilities, Stampin' Up ribbon, foam adhesive, Papertrey button and twine
Size: 5 1/2" square

53 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Lookin so good Amy!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh, AWESOME!!!!

Chris said...

love how you finished the inside. and your number on the cake wasn't as bad as the one Kim made. thank goodness they only have to blow out 2 candles.

Kelli Hull said...

OH WOW!!! I love the hand made embellie, that is a cool idea and the cut out piece of "flower" on teh front AND the inside is oh so neat!!!! This card is PERFECT for a friends birthday and all that stickle-y goodness... yummmm!!!!!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

What's wrong with 42? LOL!! I happen to think it's a fabulous number...but 43, that's a number I'm afraid of!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!! This WTG is fabulous!!

Eva said...

WOW..Amy, I love this!!! Sooo very beautiful!!!

StampOwl said...

Hey I wouldn't mind a birthday card with 42 on it LOL ... I wish bwahahahahaha ... that has been and gone a long long time ago ... awesome card

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

If 42 looks as good as your card, I'd take it tomorrow (a couple years ahead of schedule, hehehe.) Your friend is sure to be tickled to her toes to receive this card. It's heavenly!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute birthday card!!! I love it!- Kim C.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Just lovely Amy.... great to see the CC paper and elements in there and the sentiment treatment is divine!

Oliwiaen said...

Simply gorgeous - I love the way you combined the stamps!!

KanataNewf said...

Great way to showcase the set! Fabulous card as always. I'm sure your friend will love it.

Cindy Lawrence said...

What a fantastic birthday card for your friend! Love the way you did the sentiment; and that big sparkly birthday cake is divine! :)

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Amy! I love the way you did the sentiment!

Tracey said...

Stunning! I love it!!

Dawn Easton said...

Love this, Amy! Those number candles are perfect!

Michele Boyer said...

Stunning, as always, Amy! I love how you arranged the sentiment!

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

Your cards are, by far, some of my favorite to see! The colors you choose and your great sense of style. Love 'em!

Lisa H. said...

fantastic details-love the hand made embellie with the sentiment.

Erin Smetak said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous as always! I love how you did the inside!!!

Always so inspirational! Thank you for the great ideas!!!

Barbara said...

You did *not* cut out all those little flowers! Yes, you did, didn't you!? :) This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Amy!! I'd love to be 42 (again, LOL!) and getting that card. Your friend will adore it!

Linda said...

Well, you've done it again! These are fabulous! The papers, the details, amazing Amy!

Christina Fischer said...

Gorgeous, Amy! Every detail is just perfect, and I love what you did with the sentiment! :)

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Your sentiment is just too cool and those papers are awesome...what a fabulous creation!!!

Erika M. said...

Wow really loving your card!

Anonymous said...

luv luv luv your blog, can't wait to get blog updates! hugs, ellen

Marimer said...

Que maravillas estos tres ultimos trabajos. Eres realmente la creatividad en persona, cada trabajo que he visto desde hace tiempo es diferente. Te admiro.
Bss

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, great job. I love the sparkly cake. TFS.

NatQuebec said...

What a wondeful card !!!

Megan said...

That cake looks amazing and I love the sentiment/embellishment combo!

Kathie said...

Love your color combo. Bright and clear.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!!!
I love, love, love that sentiment/embellishment!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

I think you make the most fantastic cards.
Always such beautiful layout, colours and details♥!

Have a lovely day/Gunilla

Sherrie said...

Love your "frosting" treatment to your cake Amy! Your friend will love this!

Jana Weaver said...

beautiful card, love the sentiment/embelli combo - looks great!

Broni said...

LOVE this, Amy! The layout is so cool and the inside is just as pretty as the front!! Great sparkly cake too!!!

Dana White said...

Stunning love the glittery cake

Jessie/knightrone said...

Stunning, as always!!

marcelle schauer said...

Amy I just adore your color combinations, they floor me and your coloring inspires me to even want to try my hand at it. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Allison said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours, paper and details. The layout looks great with the sentiment coming out from the main image and the shine on the cake is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh look at the sparkles on that Birthday cake!!! Great embellie, too!!
jennik

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

What a cute card! I love how you finished off the inside, too.

Anonymous said...

Amy Amy Amy, another great card!!! But I wouldn't expect anything but the best from you! LOL

Vera said...

Oh, what an amazing birthday card, Amy! It's just perfect in every way. I love the customized candles and birthday sentiment. Your friend will LOVE this card!

g said...

another gorgeous card!! you're amazing!! i LOVE your sentiment/embellishment- just darling!

Deborah Anton said...

Wowzer!! This is such a beauty Amy!! I love all the red and embellies you put on!!

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

All I can say is...cute, cute, cute! I always admire each of the details you painstakingly include on your cards--that's what makes them so adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Anna Fearer said...

I just love your work. you are very talented. Thank you for sharing your creations with us!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the number on the pretty sparkle cake, neat way to do the sentiment, great papers!

Shaz said...

Beautiful card! I love the inside it is a great treat to see a card look beautiful inside.

Anonymous said...

Hi there....just popped over to thank you for your good wishes on my blog....it means alot! Your work is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! This is really a stunner from top to bottom - side to side
:) Kazan

Paul said...

Thanks for information about VIP kit, i would like to buy it.