Monday, February 22, 2010

JustRite Week: Day One



I have the pleasure today of helping to kick off a brand-new JustRite Week at Stamper's Dream! All week long, the Dream Team will be showing off the newest JustRite images, which are now available in the Stamper's Dream store. Also posting today:

Cammie
Laurie
Dawn

I've chosen to work with the new Breath of Spring set of borders and centers that fit the Large Oval Stamper. Love this sweet little bouquet of flowers. I promise I'll put the Basic Grey Origins paper pad away someday - just not yet! Inspired by the papers, I watercolored these flowers a light yellow and gave them a blue sky halo. I'm usually a stickler for choosing "real" colors for my flower images (if I can identify the flower, that is). I don't mind making a bird purple or an owl hot pink, but I would never color, say, a daffodil blue. That said, I gave no thought to these flowers until after the fact. I'm thinking they might be violets? The leaves look like violet leaves. So of course, I googled violets and confirmed that yes, indeed, they do come in yellow. So there! {giggle}

The violets are stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on watercolor paper, clear embossed and colored with Tombow Markers. The shape just behind the image panel is a pre-printed paper die-cut from Basic Grey. I embellished with some black taffeta ribbon, Kaiser black pearls, May Arts white crocheted trim, a border that I die-cut using one of the new Tim Holtz Alterations dies (coming soon to Stamper's Dream - I got mine at CHA, couldn't wait to use it!), and corner accents die-cut from an older Cuttlebug die called Ornamental.

Cheers to you on this fine Monday!




Stamps: Breath of Spring (JustRite Stamps)
Paper: Canson 140-lb cold press watercolor paper, Stampin' Up Basic Black and Whisper White,
Basic Grey Origins 6x6 paper pad, Basic Grey Origins Pieces paper die-cuts
Ink:
Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:
Tombow Markers, Spellbinders classic and scalloped oval Nestabilities, foam adhesive, May Arts white crocheted trim, Offray black ribbon, Tim Holtz Alterations border die, Kaiser black self-adhesive pearls, edge disressing tool, Cuttlebug Ornamental die
Size: 5 1/2" square

31 comments:

Carolyn King said...

LOVE it Amy! Love the greens you used---this would be great for st patricks day too!!!

Tammy E. said...

What a beautiful color combination! Love it.

Unknown said...

very pretty. I love all of the layers
TFS,
Angela

Dawn Easton said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous, Amy! LOL @ the flowers, I have no idea what colour things should be and do look them up but sometimes it's FUN to colour them whatever colour you like ;)
Beautiful layout!!

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

Every time you create something new I think it has got to be my favorite. Yet your next creation is even more beautiful! I love, love, love these papers and your color choices. But the added black takes it to the next level! Thank you for so many gorgeous creations to inspire me! :o)

Denise Marzec said...

Love the way you colored the flowers with the blue highlighting. They really pop!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Another gorgeous card Amy! I love the detailed touches that you always put into all of your cards,the corners, ribbon treatments... Love these papers that you have been working with and I have an inspiration tray on my desk right now with these sitting, waiting to be crafted...
Have a great day!

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love all of your attention to detail!

Unknown said...

AWESOME card, my friend! Simply gorgeous in every tiny detail! I had to laugh at your looking up the flower, and using that Tim Holtz die. That's it...I'm breaking mine out of the package NOW! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Wow this is just gorgeous Amy!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooohhh!! Gorgeous!!! Love the greens and your lovely violets. And all the shapes...girl you know how to frame things up!!! Like Michelle, I haven't used my Tim Holtz die yet, but you're killing me!!!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Oh Amy...I'm speechless! You are just amazing, you know that? Everything you create is so unique and stunningly gorgeous!

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is just beautiful!!

Steph Ackerman said...

This is absolutely stunning!

rozie640 said...

Your card is just stunning. Your eye for the perfect details jut leave me in awe. I would love to spend a day just watching. Love the colors in this card and the blue with the flowers is just perfect.

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS design - Amy!!! Your color choice is so beautiful too!!! Love your JR card!!! Hugs ~S~

Danni said...

This is stunning!! What a wonderful card, fabulous!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Drop-dead GORGEOUS, my friend! I hear you on the flowers. Yours turned out beautifully! You are rockin' that Origins paper, girl! :)

Eva said...

Amy, this is just GORGEOUS!!!!!! WOW!!! Totally loving all the gorgeous details AND coloring on this!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, one of your specialties is knowing just how to layer your papers. This looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing another beauty today,
Hugs,
Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/
come visit me sometime!

Unknown said...

STOP IT Amy! you're costing me a fortune!! LOL
I just adore you latest creations. The colours and designs are stupendous!
Hugs Viv xx

Heidi Karpen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy! These colors are stunning and really stand out with all the layers!

Marisa said...

You're too cute re: the flower colouring. Love all that green (my fave colour :D) and the white border along the bottom is wonderful. Great layering of shapes and wonderful details as always :D

Sharon Harnist said...

So pretty, Amy!!

Conniecrafter said...

just beautiful, love the colors, layering, and your gems along the border piece. I don't know my flowers well at all so whenever I am coloring I have no idea if it is correct or not :(

Latisha said...

You are so talented girl!! Oh and I was so happy to see that tree card you submitted got picked up in the Mar/April issue...you go!!
This card is breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely struck by the colors on this card. The blue behind the white flowers really makes them stand out beautifully. Thank you for sharing your lovely inspiration. Elizabeth S. in mid-Michigan

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

What a gorgeous card!

Please take a look at my blog candy at: www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com and my NEW challenge blog at: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com

-Megs :)

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Amy this is gorgeous. Love how you colored the main image. Beautiful!!!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW!!!! STUNNING Amy!!!! Love everything about this!!!!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

GASP!! Amy, your work is exquisite!! Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you add a little black to your cards...it just makes it pop right out at me and deepens the colors! SOOO beautiful!