Thursday, September 6, 2018

Countdown to Confetti - Fall Foliage, Cotton & Thistles


Welcome to Day Two of Reverse Confetti's September release countdown. If you missed Day One, you can catch up HERE.

Today is all about FALL FOLIAGE and COTTON & THISTLES. These are two seriously beautiful floral/foliage sets!

All of the new products will be available for purchase at midnight ET on the 8th. 


Two chances to win a Reverse Confetti gift certificate: 1) Leave comments on each designer's blog; 2) Head over to our Reverse Confetti Facebook page for an additional giveaway. 


First up is FALL FOLIAGE:


I am of the opinion that you can never have too many leaf stamps! I love being able to tuck sprigs and leaves here and there on my card designs. And although fall is where our focus is right now, there's no reason at all that these leaves couldn't be used year-round.



This card came together super quickly (for me!). I started by gold-embossing a bunch of leaves and coloring them with Zig watercolor markers. I used Reverse Confetti's CLOUD WHITE card stock, which is so perfect for light watercoloring. The ink moves and blends beautifully.

In the background, I stamped extra leaves using SAND ink (stamped off once), then added some dark brown and metallic gold splatter.




To finish, I added a sentiment, also from FALL FOLIAGE. It is gold embossed on DARK ROAST card stock.



Next is COTTON & THISTLES:


COTTON & THISTLES is a simply beautiful set that includes a mason jar and a bouquet of cotton and thistles. I adore these florals SO much! This isn't your usual bouquet of showy blooms -- this one has more of that casual, wildflower look that I personally am drawn to.



I white embossed my image on Reverse Confetti SAND card stock (very similar to kraft, but with a slightly deeper tone), then colored with Prismacolor pencils. I haven't used those in forever!

In the background, I've used the new TRIANGLES COVER PANEL Confetti Cuts to create a white-on-white textured background. I lightly misted and splattered with green, purple and sand ink.



Along the bottom is a simple strip of SAND card stock with a white embossed sentiment, also from COTTON & THISTLES.





That's it for me. I hope you're enjoying this release as much as I am! Stop back by tomorrow and Saturday for Day Three and our New Release Blog Hop.

For more FALL FOLIAGE and COTTON & THISTLES inspiration, visit the Reverse Confetti Crew and 'Fetti Friends:




14 comments:

Debbie Rumpza said...

Both of your cards are awesome. but I love the watercoloring on the first one.

~amy~ said...

How pretty! Love the watercoloring of the leaves on your first card. I adore all the white space on your second card AND the stamping on Sand and coloring with Prismacolor pencils...I need to dig mine up!

Susan Watanabe said...

Nothing like the Zig Clean Color pens to show off vibrant fall colors! Gorgeous job on the fall foliage...and of course, your thistles. Thanks for the inspiration.

Becca Yahrling said...

Stunning cards, Amy. Your designs and execution are just perfect.

mel h said...

Lovely designs Amy. I so love the cotton and thistles set!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I need to pin these sweet creation, absolutely sweet!

Janelle said...

Lovely cards! Autumn leaves are my favorite and your colors are wonderful!

Unknown said...

Wow, both cards are breathtaking!

Sue D said...

Pretty cards. I like the embossing on both.

Kathy said...

Very pretty cards, Amy. I also like the natural look of the Cotton and Thistles.

Heather said...

These are both sooo gorgeous!! Love the embossing on both; looks so awesome!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

WOW! Love the leaves and both designs. Just lovely cards. So beautiful.

Mary W said...

Using messy watercolor is PERFECT in this card with a huge impact.

Mrsfish02 said...

The thistle is so beautiful. I love the cover plate too. I always forget about using those. Nicely done.