Saturday, April 8, 2017

Papertrey Traveler's Journal Page Blanks

Hey there, so excited to be back with a Papertrey Ink post! It's been a while. In case you haven't seen, I changed roles at Papertrey Ink, and this upcoming year I'll be a team contributor for Heather Nichols's Traveler's Journal product line. 


It's a smaller role, which I really needed, and I'm so thankful to both Nichole and Heather for making room for me here. It's also a more specialized role, which I'm super excited about, as I fell in love with these notebooks back in the fall when the product line first debuted. 

So, let's jump right in. Today's focus is all about the Traveler's Journal Page Blanks. These come with enough supplies (white linen pages and kraft covers) to make three individual notebooks. I think what I love most about these is how adaptable they are. The journals I'm sharing today include a simple jot-em-down book, an everyday memory keeping journal, and a fitness journal. 

PTI Traveler's Journal

My favorite use, by far, is memory keeping. I haven't "scrapbooked" in several years, and even then, it was spotty at best. This small format has been just the spark I needed to start recording some of those everyday life moments.

PTI Traveler's Journal

I started by decorating the cover. The sentiment is from Wet Paint II and the accents are mostly from Two Toned (stamps and dies) and the Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover dies.

PTI Traveler's Journal

On the inside cover, I included a Traveler's Journal: Envelope for collecting any small memorabilia. For me, the booklets are just about the right size for a month, so I went ahead and customized this one for April using the Traveler's Journal: Dates stamps from last month's release.


PTI Traveler's Journal

I've done a few pages so far. On each page, I'm showing the date using the Traveler's Journal: Dates set. I added my photos, journaling, and title sticker, as well as a little more stamping.


PTI Traveler's Journal

This farm-theme spread documents my daughter's day doing spring cleaning at her barn.


PTI Traveler's Journal

And this spread combines a few days' worth of highlights.


Stamps: Wet Paint II, Two Toned, Traveler's Journal: Dates, Barnyard Sentiments, On the Farm, Monthly Moments: Mini Slide Frame, Moments Inked: Remembered

Dies: Wet Paint II, Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover, Two Toned, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical, Traveler's Journal: Envelope, Minute to Make: Holliday Tags, Sentiment Splits: Horizontal Curve,

Ink: Versamark, Green Parakeet, Dark Indigo, True Black, Soft Stone, Americana, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Cocoa Bean

Paper: Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, Dark Indigo, True Black, Soft Stone, Classic Kraft, White card stock; Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dot and Black and White All Over Patterned Paper; linen vellum

Other: Nuvo drops, white linen thread, jewel brads, white linen thread, wood veneer hearts, alphabet stickers, jute twine



PTI Traveler's Journal

I love the trim size of the individual notebooks, and have found them perfect to tuck into a purse, car console, bedside table -- wherever your ideas may come where you need to jot down some quick notes.


PTI Traveler's Journal

Everything in these pretty much gets moved to another place, so they're more just temporary holding tanks. For example, my phone ran out of battery at the orthodontist's office the other day, so when it came time to schedule the next appointment, I just needed a paper reminder to add the appointment to my calendar.

These pages don't need to be fancy at all, really you can just leave them totally plain. I find I like lines to write on, so I stamped some using the Moments Inked: Listed stamp set. And then added a little washi for color :)

I also recommend stitching them up with some kind of elastic cord, otherwise, the books won't stay closed. I used the black elastic cord from the Papertrey store.


Notes to Self Journal:
Stamps: Wet Paint II, Moments Inked: Listed
Dies: Wet Paint II
Ink: Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Dark Indigo, Versamark
Other: Traveler's Journal: Page Blanks, Scalloped Skinny Washi Tape, Traveler's Journal: Black Elastic Cord, white embossing powder


PTI Traveler's Journal

Last, I shared the beginnings of a fitness journal back in December for the December Release in Review post, and wanted to share a idea for tracking activity. Those dates in the Traveler's Journal: Dates set are handy! It's a fair amount of stamping, but if you do your pages all ahead of time, you can easily set up weeks, even months, in advance.

Stamps: Making Strides, Traveler's Journal: Dates, Moments Inked: Active Symbols, Pencilgrams
Dies: Fabulous Frames
Ink: Green Parakeet, Dark Indigo, Tropical Teal, Versamark
Paper: Tropical Teal
Other: Traveler's Journal: Page Blanks



Thanks so much for joining me today! Be sure to visit Nichole's blog today for lots more Traveler's Journal inspiration!


2 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love your fitness journal Amy! So glad you are back to PTI!!!

Leigh Penner said...

These are all fabulous, Amy!