Thursday, December 15, 2016

Papertrey December Release in Review

It's Release Day at Papertrey Ink! One more look at some of the new products coming to the store tonight at 10 pm!


I adore the fitness-themed products we have this month! I used one of the Traveler's Journal Page Blanks booklets to make a fitness notebook. I'm not sure yet if I'll use it as an exercise log or as more of a fitness/wellness journal, but either way, I love it! I decorated the cover with Nichole's She Moves stamps and dies, as well as Lizzie's Making Strides stamps.



On the first page, I added a simple motivational message from Stroke Speak, as well as a trio of fitness die-cuts in some of my favorite colors: Green Parakeet, Tropical Teal, and Dark Indigo.



The next two pages are where the journaling or fitness log will start. At the top of the left page, I stamped a Making Strides sentiment onto a Fabulous Frames die cut, and along the bottom I stamped fitness icons with Moments Inked: Active Symbols images.



Stamps: She Moves, Making Strides, Moments Inked: Active Symbols

Dies: She Moves, Fabulous Frames, Sketched Stars

Ink: Green Parakeet, Tropical Teal, Enchanted Evening, Dark Indigo

Paper: Traveler's Journal Page Blanks; Green Parakeet, Tropical Teal, Dark Indigo card stock

Other: jute string, silver sequins, mini clip




Next is a notecard featuring the new Lilac Grace card stock and a gorgeous floral image from Nichole's Fresh Bouquet.



I watercolored the flowers using a combination of Papertrey inks and Zig Clean Color brush markers.



I love the sentiments in Fresh Bouquet. Beautiful messages of hope and encouragement, and the script font is gorgeous.



Stamps: Fresh Bouquet

Dies: Fresh Bouquet, Noted: Scalloped Square

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Papertrey New Leaf, Lilac Grace, Aqua Mist, Blueberry Sky, Ripe Avocado, Amethyst Allure

Paper: Stamper's Select White and Lilac Grace card stock; watercolor paper

Other: True Black baker's twine, clear embossing powder, Zig Clean Color markers, white satin sequins




I've saved my personal favorite for last. I stamped these swans and their scene with Maile's Swan'sational. The sentiment was done with the Inspired: Love stamps and dies.



I lightly sponged the bottom corner with Aqua Mist, then arranged the cattails and lily pads before tucking in the elegant swans.



I brushed the word die-cut with a clear Wink of Stella for a subtle shimmer (hard to see in the photos).


Stamps: Swan'sational, Inspired: Love

Dies: Swan'sational, Inspired: Love

Ink: Pale Peony, True Black, Fresh Snow, Soft Stone, New Leaf, Prairie Grass, Pinefeather, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Fresh Snow Linen, and Pale Peony card stock

Other: foam adhesive, clear Wink of Stella



Thanks for visiting!



3 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Great creations! You sold me on the Fresh Bouquet! Beautiful! And your swan card is so lovely!

Diana K said...

Lovely doesn't cover it. Your Fresh Bouquet square is so pretty and then there's the swans, oh my! Gorgeous.

Cindy H. said...

What gorgeous cards! I, too, love your swan card, it's stunning!!