Friday, February 19, 2016

You Color My World



I'm up on the My Favorite Things blog again today. Thank you, MFT, for having me as your guest!

Mid-February is an ideal time to fall in love all over again with florals, and the new Large Desert Bouquet from My Favorite Things is a perfect way to coax spring out of hiding. Today, I've played with some ink blending, stamping, and splattering to create some lush background greenery for my bright blooms. First I stamped the leaves randomly in two corner clusters, then sponged on some light blue and turquoise inks, fading to white toward the top. Last, I splattered with green, teal, and white. I used Gansai Tambi watercolors and a paintbrush for the splatter. Because they are thicker paints, the splatter spots hold their color well, especially for the darker colors. You can mix your own colors and control the intensity depending on how much water you add, too.



Next I stamped and die-cut a flower assortment in some pretty, bright colors and arranged them over the corner leaf clusters. Along the bottom is a petite scalloped border and some black and white baker's twine.



The sentiment is white embossed on vellum and stitched into place. 


Have a great weekend, friends! 

3 comments:

Ladyj711 said...

Very pretty. I am going to white emboss my next sentiment on vellum! Lovely

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Amy, love the light blendi behind the beautiful flowers. Looks wonderful

MaggieM said...

Beautiful colors