Monday, June 15, 2015

Papertrey Ink June Release In Review

Today is an exciting day: it's Release Day at Papertrey Ink! All the new products will be available in the store tonight at 10 pm EST.

I've been quite the mad crafter these last few days. I loved this month's products so much, I just couldn't stop creating. Here's a sampling of what I've been whipping up. 


We'll begin and end with the lovely papers in Betsy's Make It Market Mini Kit: Still Life: Summer. I'll take a whole ream, please!


Here I've paired the beautiful background papers with some of the items from the pre-printed, ready-to-die-cut sheet. Super easy to align the dies to the shapes, and look, it makes you look like an artist!

Stamps: Make It Market Mini Kit: Still Life: Summer 
Dies: Still Life: Summer, Layered Banner 
Ink: New Leaf, Limeade Ice 
Paper: Rustic White and Autumn Rose card stock; Still Life: Summer patterned papers




Here's Heather's Good Times stamp set. I love this set! So easy to get dramatic, bold results with minimal effort! 


I got a little carried away with the yellow and gold confetti -- it makes the card look so festive! As a little extra, I dotted on some diamond glaze for that lacquered look. 

Stamps: Good Times
Ink: Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Zest, Summer Sunrise, True Black
Paper: white card stock
Other: black and white baker's twine, diamond glaze, corner rounder




Someone in my immediate family turns 50 later this month (and it's not me!). I love the sentiments in Lizzie's Hooray stamp set, especially "hope you love your new age." I do hope my husband loves 50, and has the best year ever!


The streamers are from the Hooray patterned paper pack, but the Hooray stamp set also has streamer stamps in different sizes and patterns so you can create your own color combos, too. The word "hooray" is a die-cut from a die in the Shaker Shapes: Balloon die set. I used Erin's new Sew Stylish Numbers to cut the "5" and "0." Also making an appearance is Lexi's super clever Caution: Another Year Older stamp set (and dies). I can't wait to play around with that set some more!


I also really liked another sentiment in Hooray -- you're not a year older, you're a year better. I think this is the perfect sentiment for the big decade birthdays. It really is just a number! I stamped and decorated the inside, pretty much just so I could use both sentiments!

Stamps: Hooray, Caution: Another Year Older
Dies: Sew Stylish Numbers, Shaker Shapes: Balloon, Small Sketched Stars
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Versamark
Paper: Enchanted Evening, New Leaf, Pure Poppy, and white card stock; Hooray paper collection
Other: white embossing powder. heat tool




Here's a fun one using just Hooray stamps, ink, and sequins. I love the warm tones of this color combo: Lemon Tart, Orange Zest, Limeade Ice, New Leaf and Terracotta Tile.


I added a little interest to the bottom by splitting the panel and placing the second part of the sentiment on the card base.

Stamps: Hooray 
Ink: Lemon Zest, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, Limeade Ice, New Leaf, True Black 
Paper: white card stock
Other: green, orange, and yellow sequins



 I mixed quite a few new products with this card, too. The streamers (from Hooray) are stamped in white on Limeade Ice, then I added the falling confetti image from Good Times along the left. The black and white lined paper is from the Black and White All Over paper collection. The focal point die-cut is Lizzie's Text Block: Horizontal Birthday die. I did the watercolor smooshing using Aqua Mist and Limeade Ice to get the variegated look.


I stacked the watercolored layer onto a few extra layers to build up bulk and to help minimize the warping from the smooshing.


On the inside, I stamped a few more streamers and added a sentiment from Tucked In: Birthday.

Stamps: Hooray, Good Times
Dies: Text Block: Horizontal Birthday
Ink: Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice, Fresh Snow
Paper: White, Limeade Ice card stock; Black and White All Over paper collection
Other: vellum, black glaze pen, black and white baker's twine, silver star sequins




Mixing and matching going on here, too. The flowers are from Dawn's Bloomers. You can stamp these one-layer, or use the die-cuts to build layers and dimension. 


The sentiment is die-cut from Scripted. The script font is beeeeeeautiful!


The Limeade Ice Center Style: Feminine panel is stamped repeatedly in white ink with a sentiment from Keep It Simple: Praying For You.

Stamps: Bloomers, Keep It Simple: Praying For You
Dies: Bloomers, Center Style: Feminine, Scripted
Ink: Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow
Paper: Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone, Rustic White, and Limeade Ice card stock; Soft Stone Bitty Dot patterned paper
Other: white linen thread, sequins, foam adhesive




Betsy's new Petite Places: Happy Camper is so crazy adorable! The little extras she includes get better and more with each release! The little camper, the chairs (there's even a fire!) are just as sweet as can be. I went with a very outdoorsy look, using lots of neutrals, greens, and navy blue.



I die-cut the camper out of Luxe Silver cardstock, then stamped it in VersaMark using Maile's tip for a mirror finish.

I can't wait to show you a funky, pink camper next time!

Stamps: Petite Places: Happy Camper
Dies: Petite Places: Happy Camper; Shaker Shapes: Circle; Scene It: Mountain View dies
Ink: Night of Navy, VersaMark, white, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise
Paper: Rustic White, Soft Stone, Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, Enchanted Evening, Summer Camp paper collection
Other: white linen thread




And that brings us to the end and back around to the beautiful background papers in the Make It Market Mini Kit: Still Life: Summer


Here, I've combined a background and die-cut cherries with a stamped sentiment from the Stacked Statements stamp set. I love these sentiment arrangements!

Stamps: Stacked Statements
Dies: Stacked Statements, Make It Market Mini Kit: Still Life: Summer
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Autumn Rose
Paper: Make It Market Mini Kit: Still Life: Summer papers; White and Rustic White card stock
Other: vellum, white linen thread, sequins



That's it for me. Thanks for hanging in there 'til the end!
For lots more June release in review projects, visit the design team blogs:



19 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

gorgeous cards!

Connie G said...

Your projects are just ALL so fabulous!!! I couldn't even choose a favorite, LOVE them all!!!

jan metcalf said...

Oh my gosh, what an array of cards! I am really liking the yellow and grayish combinations!

Carol D said...

Wow - you are prolific! I love the shiny silver camper...

Tracey McNeely said...

Amy as usual all of your projects for this release are so amazing. The. Iron day card for hubby is fantastic and I love the camping scene you created!

Karen said...

Just wonderful creations!

Cindy H. said...

Wow, Amy, your cards are all so fabulous! Love the card designs and colors in every one of them.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards, Amy! I love how you used the new products!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are all so pretty!

Dorothy C. said...

Wow, you really went to town on this release! I love them all, especially the Celebrate card where you split the panel - so creative. Thanks for sharing!!

Luanne said...

Oh my! I love everything Amy! Having a hard time choosing this month!

BeverlyBL said...

What a beautiful collection you made. I love them all. Thanks so much, except now I have to add more products to my list. So maybe you should read that thanks so much with a little sarcasm ;)

Kathy Krug said...

Beautifully done.

karenb said...

I love EVERY card! Nice job!!!

Sharon said...

Great projects! Wow! Love them all!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

I LOVE how your mind works!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Broni said...

Such gorgeous cards, Amy! You're such an inspiration!!

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed looking at your creations. You do wonderful work. Thank you for sharing.

Pet73 said...

Wow, you have been busy! And with such wonderful results!