Saturday, December 4, 2010

Merry Christmas, Dear Friend



Changes are coming to the Sketch For You To Try challenge! The biggest will begin in January (to be announced soon), but for December, here's what's up:

- no official sketch, just pick out one of your favorite past SFYTT sketches and make a new card with it
- same format next week, which will be the last challenge for the year
- no guest designer in December, but Jen has invited two SFYTT friends to play along, Joanne and Ana

Can't wait to see which sketches were favorites, starting with my fellow sample-makers ...


Jen del Muro
Susan Liles
Amy Rohl
Megan Lock
Amber Hight
Sony Christoph
Jodi Collins
Jenn Diercks
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O’Brien

I chose to work with this one from September of this year - love it!!



That cutie-pie snowman image (and the sentiment, too) are from JustRite's *cling* set Sparky the Snowman. And once again, I'm enjoying repurposing papers from My Mind's Eye's Alphabet Soup Boy collection for my wintry holiday cards - the red and aquas are perfect!

Here's a detail shot of the snowman:



I colored with Copics on Copic X-Press It card stock, added Frosted Lace Stickles to the snowy ground, accented Sparky's face and body with some Art Institute ultrafine clear glitter, and gave his nose and buttons a little shine with Judikins Diamond Glaze. The circles are cut with Spellbinders Classic and Lacy Circles Nestabilities dies. I've accented the lacey circle panel with tiny Bliss adhesive pearls by KaiserCraft. For the horizontal strip along the bottom, I've used red and white baker's twine and a My Favorite Things Open Scallop Border border die-cut.

And just for kicks, here's the original card I did with this sketch:



Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a terrific weekend!

28 comments:

Renkata said...

Such a jolly cards, lovely design and what a gorgeous colouring.

Carolyn King said...

amy..your cards are just amazing...each one has so much detail you could look at it for days and still find something you missed! LOVE your snowman card and the original one from the sketch too! Amazing girl!

Unknown said...

Awesome card, Amy! LOVE that cute, cute snowman paired with the MME Alphabet Soup paper and your tag. Great details, and perfect coloring!

Leigh OBrien said...

What a beautiful card, Amy. I don't remember that sketch at all. Must have been while I was out. I'll have to go back and give it a try...you've inspired me!

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Just another amazing card! I love the colouring and snowflake details!!!
Hugs, Marit.

cyga said...

very nice card, I like you colouring

Shantaie said...

Gorgeous, love your coloring and all of those pretty sparkles!

Susie said...

Amy, the first card reminds me of peppermint candy - yum! Just as cute as can be. And your original card? Well, it's what keeps me following your blog and admiring your work. Beautiful and creative.

Eva said...

Amy, this is sooooo very beautiful...I love your design with the sketch, both older and the new one. I can't wait to see what the new changes will be! Hugs to you!!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous snowman and I love the bakers twine with the snowflake and button on the tag. Another fabulous Amy creation :)

KOLOROWY ptak said...

so sweet!

Kristin Eberline said...

Well, I can definitely see why you chose this sketch! You work WONDERS with it :] Love both cards, but since your card for today is the snowman, I'll ooh and ahh over that one!

LOVE your color palette and how you are repurposing your MME Alphabet Soup Boy Collection patterned paper for your Christmas cards (I'm doing the same, just using MTME stuff). The snowman is colored and "glittered" perfectly and your lacy Spellbinder circle is the PERFECT frame for the little guy! Adore the bold, red panel and how you tied off the baker's twine under the snowflake to hold your sentiment. SOOO cute!

Kristin said...

I love all the cards, the snowman is my favorite and your use of the bakers twine (one of my favorite things ever!)

Jodi Collins said...

Just GORGEOUS Amy! LOVE this snowman and the bling on the nestie! The twine is the perfect touch too! AWESOME as usual!!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the Cheers card with it's soft colors and elegance.
Pam Hornschu
www.1pamperedstamper.blogspot.com

Beth Norman said...

Your snowman card jumped right out at me. Your colouring is impecable.

Oliwiaen said...

What a fun idea, to refresh previous sketches :-)
Both your interpretations are awesome, I love all your SFYTT cards!!

Elaine said...

Lovely card! Beautiful coloring to match the papers!

Becky G said...

I never get tired of looking at your designs! They are always amazing and filled with so many details! Both of these cards are A-mazing!

scrapkowa maniaczka - Dorota 71 said...

Śliczne te karteczki świąteczne i cudny stempelek. Pozdrawiam serdecznie i cieplutko w ten mroźny wieczór.
Dorota

Janine Rachau said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty Amy!!

Crafty Cath said...

I loved the original card you made from this sketch, enough that I had to go buy the paper! He he. This one is just as fabulous. You add so many details; glaze, glitter, baker's twine, cuttlebug folder, MFT die and your coloring is awesome! Sure hope Santa listened and brings that lacey circle die like I asked for too... gosh is looks so good.

Conniecrafter said...

he is very cute, I have always loved that image, like your bow with the string, it's amazing how changing the papers and style of card I couldn't even tell the two cards were from the same sketch!

Amy Johnson said...

What beautiful xmas cards! I love the colors and papers of the first one, how you did the bow with the red and white string, and the pearls on the Nestie circle. I love the monochromatic color theme of the second card.It is so elegant, love the twine and twill tape too!

Leslie Miller said...

I just love your snowman card, Amy! I can't help but feel happy looking at it. And then your second card is so soft and easy on the eyes. Love the ornament image and those very soothing colors.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, girl! LOVE that color combo, your deLISH coloring, and all the fabulous extras that make it an "Amy Sheffer" masterpiece! Beautifully done! :)

America said...

First card is the most adorable in its happy colors and image; the second is excellent and elegant! Love your style! :)