Friday, December 24, 2010

Jolliest Christmas Ever


What a week! I mentioned in my last post that my youngest had come down with something. Guess who followed right behind him? I was finally feeling better yesterday evening and quickly got to work making up for lost time. I've got dozens and dozens of truffle balls in the fridge, but couldn't bear the thought of hand-dipping them into chocolate. So, into the freezer they went, putting me waaaaaay ahead for Valentine's Day - woohoo! Instead, I pulled out a quick, easy and delicious recipe a friend passed along last year ... Comet's White Chocolate Crunch:

10 ounces pretzels
2 cups peanuts
5 cups Cheerios
5 cups Corn Chex
16-ounce bag of M&M's
2 12-ounce bags of white chocolate chips
3 T vegetable oil

Mix the first five ingredients in a very large bowl (this makes a LOT). Melt the chips and oil in the microwave or in a double-boiler, and pour over the cereal mixture. Stir well and spread onto wax paper. When cool, break into chunks. Note: For Valentine's Day, make Cupid's Crunch - just swap the Christmas M&Ms for Valentine-colored ones.

I packaged the Comet Crunch into cracker jars that I get at Target for around $3-$4 each. I wrapped a length of wide green striped ribbon around each jar, then decorated the lids with accordian-fold medallions.


The sentiment is from one of my favorite holiday sets this year -- JustRite's Whimsical Christmas. The papers are from The Girls' Paperie Tinsel & Twig collection. Behind the medallion is a scalloped border circle die-cut that was made using a Spellbinders Lacy Circle Nestabilities.

Be sure to check out the Sale & Specials section at Stamper's Dream for lots of markdowns on Christmas and other items!

In case I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, Merry Christmas to all!


14 comments:

daisydilly (vicki) said...

glad you're feeling better, it's been making the rounds here-sometimes a couple rounds (wink).

Love the recipe and hoping to give it a try.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear you were sick ---of all times, right? Glad you're feeling better & I appreciate the recipe! I will definitely be making some of that! Did you make that medallion??

I hope you & your family have a fantastic holiday!! No more sickies!!!!

Becky said...

I am so sorry to hear you were ill-you poor baby..
This sounds like a wonderful recipe and the jar is gorgeous.

Wanda Cullen said...

Hate to hear you were fighting illness...no time for that! :-) I just made this recipe for the first time and everyone is loving it! Love the jars you used (I used plastic containers found at Walmart, but like the idea of using a glass container better). Merry Christmas!

Kathy V said...

Happy to hear you're feeling better. This recipe is one I'm going to make. How do you make the accordian-pleated medellion?

Unknown said...

What fabulous packaging for that tempting treat!!! Glad you're on the mend and making up for lost time. Merry Christmas, my sweet friend!!!

Linda Carson said...

What a festive treat w/such a beautiful topper! Have a Merry Christmas!

Oliwiaen said...

Merry Christmas to you, Amy!!

Cindy said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. You are ahead of the game. Great jar of giveaway you made, thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas

Conniecrafter said...

very cute idea and packaging.
Hope you all enjoyed a very Merry Christmas!

Leslie Miller said...

Of all times to get sick, right? I hope you got better quickly and had a beautiful Christmas. This is a fabulous gift presentation and recipe! Thanks, Amy!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! That fan-fold tech. is PERFECT for the top of the jar! LOVE this, Amy!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

very nice! glad you are feeling better! Blessings, Sharon

Kathy Jones said...

What a fabulous idea and I just love, love, love that medallion!!! Sorry to hear you've been sick and right before Christmas too! :(