Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Birthday Flossie

The sweet folks over at Mo's Digital Pencil Facebook page have used one of my layouts for their current sketch challenge, so I just had to play along (thanks, Shell & Mo)! This is my first time using one of Mo's images, but definitely not my last. I spent *hours* browsing through her amazing image collection and already can't wait to go shopping again. Some of my favorites are from her Wizard of Oz series -- she captured that silly scarecrow perfectly! He snuck into my cart, you can bet, but for today, I've colored up Birthday Mouse Flossie for my mother, who turns 70 tomorrow - go MOM! I'm not all that crazy about some of my color choices, but that's the nice thing about making card for our mothers - they have to like them. It's a "mom rule," right?

Have an awesome day, friends!



Stamps: Birthday Mouse Flossie (Mo's Digital Pencil), sentiment from Big Wish (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock, Basic Grey Olivia 6x6 dp
Ink: Stampin' Up So Saffron and Basic Grey
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils/Gamsol/blending stumps, MFT rolled flower Die-namics die, Prima pearls, SU oval punch, Papertrey ribbon, Spellbinders square nestabilities, foam adhesive
Size: 5 1/2" square

12 comments:

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This is a wonderful card.
Your flowers are beautiful!
Annette

Oliwiaen said...

Well, it's not only your Mom who just has to like your cards :-) I'd say that's an "Amy rule" :-)
Happy birthday to your Mom!!

Anonymous said...

I have followed your blog for a while and I must say that you are a very talented card maker!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is darling Amy!! I so love that sweet image and the flowers!! Gorgeous!
hugs,
Chris

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card just makes me smile and your mom will love it! I think the colors are great and love those fab rolled roses!

Barbara said...

I love the card and your coloring is absolutely awesome! Mo's images are very habit-forming; I am totally hooked! The way you color and compose your cards I can't wait to see more of Mo ala Amy!

Hugs,
Barb

Dawn B. said...

Once you start with Mo's images you won't be able to stop.. This is precious.. LOVE your coloring. It is fun to see you create a card like this..Great job.

Crafty Cath said...

Awesome sketch (told you you were the layout Queen) and I LOOOOVE your card. I had to do a double take when your post announcement showed up in my mailbox...Amy and MO??? Yeah! So glad to see my favorites together. Your color and paper selections are fabulous. Your Mom will love it.

Danielle said...

How adorable is this Amy! Gorgeous colouring and I happen to love your colour choices! Those flowers are stunning!
Hugs, Danielle

Carmen said...

So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Amy. I just had to let you know that I enjoy your cards each time you post. And I have to say that no one can put a card together as beautifully as you do!!! You have such an eye for style.
Thanks for inspiring me!
~Pam L.

mikki said...

I totally agree with you about
Mo's images-luv 'em.
I like the colors u use on the card-u make the pinks work. I always have the hardest time picking colors.