Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hope



A few days ago I told you about a new set from Our Daily Bread Designs called "Hope." In it are the awareness ribbon image, as well as the word "Hope," and four Scripture stamps. My first thought was the pink ribbon of breast cancer awareness. Having lost a grandmother to breast cancer, my life has certainly been touched by this illness, too. Sadly, I think most people have been touched in one way or another.

The ribbon also works well for other types of awareness cards and projects. I've seen a few sites that list the awareness ribbon colors ... one of them is Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons

When I saw today's Splitcoast color challenge (Ruby Red, Blush Blossom, and Close to Cocoa), I thought it would work well with this set, even though it's not the traditional pinks of breast cancer awareness. Hope you like it!

Remember, while supplies last, Kelley has a fantastic "Hope Pack" available FREE with the purchase of this set. It includes some pink office supplies along with some Breast Cancer Awareness papercrafting supplies. Take a look:



Have an awesome day, and thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Hope (Our Daily Bread Designs); Stitched (SU!)
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: aqua painter, flowers (unknown), vintage brads, 1/4" circle punch, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, scallop border punch, corner rounder, sewing machine, sponge daubers

17 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

This is beautiful, Amy!!

Conni said...

Great card Amy, I loke the paper pieces on the side!!
C

Michelle said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card - very "powerful."

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Amy I love your beautiful card! This will sure brighten someones day and give them hope and encouragement!

Kathy Gerace said...

Amy, this is an absolutely beautiful card. I have known many people who have had breast cancer, many have survived, but sadly some have not. I hope you don't mind if I CASE this card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Amy this is beautiful! I love what you did with the colors and layout. Fabulous card.

Jannette said...

I love your card, I have a girl friend that is fighting the breast cancer war and winning! I'm going to use your basic idea and get it sent on it's way!

Jannette D.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about this card, but I really like it. I'm not usually into the pinks and browns, but you did a beautiful job pulling it together - very nice. Thanks for the inspiration. I love the ODBD stamps :) Elizabeth S. in mid-Michigan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Amy!! I love all the layers and the colors are perfect!
--Becca

Christyne said...

I never knew there were SO many awareness ribbons! Thanks for the information.

Your card is just STUNNING! I may just have to case it.

reeree62 said...

Amy, that card is just gorgeous!! I absolutely love it. As soon as I saw it, that did it, I went right to ODBD and ordered the set, which I have been wanting to do. Thanks for the nudge, you enabler, you! LOL...
PS- I'm a B/C Survivor!!!!

Carolina said...

What an amazing card Amy! The image, the sentiment, all the layers and all the embellishments are just so perfect together!

Carolyn King said...

totally gorgeous! love it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is absolutely stunning Amy!!

Angel said...

I love this color combo. Wish I could play! Maybe this weekend.... sigh...

Erum Tasneem said...

I love your card and the sketch is wow!

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting to some of the blog postings from last week and this is gorgeous! I'm going to comment on Project Hope at the same time -- it's so beautiful! I think that there may be a Breast Cancer Awareness Day coming up the end of September and this may be a wonderful time to display that card! I think you just enabled me!! Jeanne