Tuesday, November 6, 2012
TCP Tuesday #235 - Smile!
Happy Tuesday, my friends. It's time for a new TCP Tuesday Challenge over at The Cat's Pajamas, and I'm excited to be hosting! We've cycled back around to a sketch challenge. I hope you'll join us!
Here's my take:
As I was playing around with the sketch and Crate Paper's On Trend collection, I found myself heading in a CAS direction, and decided to go with it. Something a little different from my usual layered, embellished designs. The sentiment comes from TCP's Kick Some Grass set. The partial pink circle was die-cut with TCP's Heart Rosette CutUps die. I just left it flat instead of folding it up into the rosette. The teeny hearts along the border easily pop out for a doily look, but I decided to leave them in and just taped across the back to hold them in place. I did pop out some of the hearts from the leftover half of the circle to dot the "i" and embellish a tiny bit. I always find myself wanting to add "more" to my CAS attempts, so I did a little paper piercing around that green background piece.
1. Each Tuesday we will give you a challenge.
2. You will have until the end of the month to complete the challenge.
3. Add your entry to the guestbook on Alma's blog and/or upload to the SCS Gallery, using the keyword TCPTUES235for this week's challenge.
4. TCP stamps/dies are not required, but if you have them, of course we love to see them.
5. There will be one randomly chosen weekly winner, announced on Tuesdays.
6. There will be one winner, The Swanky Stamper, announced the 1st of each month. That lucky stamper will win several sets from an upcoming release and get to play along with us at our Pajama Party and Blog Hop.
Thanks so much for stopping by!