Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jillibean Soup Card Kitchen - November

It's been such a whirlwind around here -- general busy-ness, plus the usual seasonal health issues -- that I've neglected to share some very happy news. Remember the Jillibean Soup Card Kitchen guest spot I did last month? Well, I've been invited to stick around and play with their card kits every month. I'm thrilled because these kits are so fun and useful! A big thanks to Kimber and Jillibean Soup!

The monthly Card Kitchen kits include card bases and envelopes, patterned paper, stickers, embellishments, plus eight card ideas with full instructions. With the amount of product included, you can easily make another eight cards with what's left after the first eight. You can purchase the kits individually, or you can save a little and sign up for a kit club membership, where kits are sent each month automatically (at a reduced price). Check it all out at the Card Kitchen website.

November's kit is wonderfully stuffed with goodies from the Winter Tortellini & Spinach Soup line. This is a perfect kit for adding to your holiday card stash. Here's a look at the full kit:




And here's what I did with my eight cards. Everything I used is in the kit, except tools (punches, ink, distressing tool, needle/thread).


The red tag in the background is a custom die-cut. The kraft sleeve is perfectly sied for a gift card. I added some green paper behind the holly cut-out, then topped it with a holly sticker for the "berry." Love, love, love that turquoise background paper with the red cardinals. So deliciously wintry!




Another big red custom die-cut tag on this one. I topped the "O" with a wooden snowflake embellishment from the kit and highlighted the word with an oval frame die-cut. The cottages above were trimmed from one of the Winter Tortellini patterns.




Here's a strip of that cottage pattern that I used for the trimmed out cottages above. The sentiment, so perfect for this pattern, reads "Sending holiday blessings from our house to yours." 



I love this diagonal row of hanging ornaments! The red striped pleating at the bottom was done out of washi tape.



These Doodlebug Designs snowmen are so adorable. I framed them with a cardstock die-cut, added the sentiment label, and a banner made out of tiny alphabet stickers. Isn't that red woodgrain pattern awesome?



This was probably my favorite card this round. The turquoise and pink combo, pulled from the Winter Tortellini & Spinach Soup collection as a whole, is so fun and festive. The sentiment was done with a combination of letter stickes and word stickers. Two more of those fabulous wooden snowflakes, too.



I arranged the little red letter stickers into a tree shape, with a brown striped trunk and a wooden star at the top. Totally inspired by this.



You didn't think we'd get to the end without some distressing, did you? {wink} I couldn't help it. When I saw the "Silent Night" sheet music Bite Size Bit, I couldn't wait to age it a bit with some ink, crumpling and a distressing tool. I like the soothing brown/turquoise/ivory combo, too. Those two little pink flower faux brads at the upper right of the sheet music are just 1/2" circles punched from one of the Winter Tortellini & Spinach Soup patterns. 


That's all for me, folks. To see more November kit inspiration, visit the Card Kitchen blog. Kimber's cards are HERE, and Teri's cards will start going up on the blog tomorrow. Enjoy!


7 comments:

Cornelie said...

Wauwie!!! I love it!!!

Casandra Bennett said...

I don't know how you can take a kit like that, which is beautiful, but spread everything out and then come up with such gorgeous designs. It just amazes me. I love them all.

Lea L. said...

These are all beautiful, Amy! Love them!!

Desire Fourie said...

Amy these are all gorgeous with great designs and I love the bold colours.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

scrappymo! said...

While they are all great my fave is the last one...love me some distressing and some inky edges.

Unknown said...

these cards are so stinkin cute! love jillibean soup! so good to see you thursday!

Dawn Easton said...

oh my gosh! Fabulous set of cards!!