Thursday, November 29, 2012

Have a Sweet Holiday Season - DS79



Hey there, happy Thursday! It's time for a new Deconstructed Sketch. 

Here's Sketch #79:  


Before I get to my card details, a special announcement:

This week we are searching for our next GUEST DESIGNER, will it be you?? All you need to do is use this week’s sketch, post it to your blog and link back HERE using InLinks by December 5, 2012 at 10 pm CST. The guest designer will be announced next Friday, December 7, 2012 and will design with us for DS81 and DS82 before we break for the Christmas holiday. Good Luck!


For my card, I started out with The Cat's Pajamas new Man CutUps die, and die-cut the little fella out of some brown felt. I glued on some rick rack and stitched on two buttons. The eyes are adhesive flat-back pearls, and the mouth was done with a Viva Decor pearl pen. I tied on a bit of fiber for a scarf. The papers are all from the Simple Stories Handmade Holiday 6x6 pad.  I tied on a sentiment tag with baker's twine and added a pair of rusted jingle bells. The sentiment is from TCP's Homemade for the Holidays. At least 3-4 more gingerbread man projects are in the works on my craft table, so it's a safe bet you'll be seeing this sweetie again and again.


I just realized I completely forgot to add the two circle elements in the bottom right of the sketch (which would be bottom left on my rotated version).

Visit the Deconstructed Sketch Girls for lots more sketch inspiration:


Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

It's soooo sweet! Love your card, Amy!

Karen Day said...

Love this, Amy! I have those papers so I may have to case your card :o)

Marisa said...

Yeah, an Amy card :) Your gingerbread man is soo cute :) Love the ric rak touches and the bells.

Oliwiaen said...

Warm and cozy Christmas card :-) Love it!

Jen Shults said...

Amy this is awesome! I love the felt gingerbread man and the gorgeous vintage paper. That paper pad is my fave! Where on Earth did you get those jingle bells? I need those!!!

tracey said...

Super-gorgeous card as always amy. I'm lovin your gingerbread man.

scrappymo! said...

So very cute!!!

Irene said...

So cute and funny!!!

Luanne said...

Love your gingerbread guy! I like this sketch too, it's perfect for using up some scraps from papers I've loved...! Sweet card!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh that die is so cute!!! Love how you've decorated him!!! So fun!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Darling Gingerbread! Love it! Your card is fabulous. Can't wait to see more!
:) Rachel

Conniecrafter said...

Love how you decorated the little guy, or gal :) The papers are so neat and give it a country feel!

tammy said...

Amy!!
I just HAD to come by and tell you how very awesome and precious that this card is!!! Oh my goodness---it is soooo inspiring!!! thank you for sharing!!be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Cindy Lawrence said...

Hello there, sweet friend! It's been too long since I've said HEY, although I do pop in and check out your gorgeous work often! Love this adorable card, and that gingerbread man is too flippin' CUTE! Hope all is well with you & yours! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Again loving the Gman and the layout is perfect. You make it look so good!

Pet73 said...

Love your card! Very pretty! (your gingerbread man is very Shrek-y ;))