Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Seahorse Bay


Thought I'd share the projects I did recently as guest blogger for JustRite, beginning with this one. I just love the label image from JustRite's Sea Shell Bay Labels Twenty Two set. I stamped in black and colored with Copics. In the background, on that khaki panel, I've also stamped the Vintage Map Collage Background Stamp. Beachy elements include burlap, some interesting netting that I found at the CHA Supershow a few years ago, rope, and the weathered wood designer paper along the bottom.

On a different note, I used to think I was a slow crafter, but lately, I've given a whole new meaning to the word "slow," because now while I'm crafting, I have to stop every few minutes and Draw Something! I'm SO addicted! Anyone else? Find me via Facebook or under username PickleTree :) (Two separate accounts = twice the fun = 3/4 less creative output {wink}.)

Thanks for stopping by!






Project Recipe:
Dies: Spellbinders Labels Twenty Two
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain Distress Inks, Copic Markers BG000, BG10, BG72, YR30, E00, E11, E95, E99, E41, E42, E43, W00, W1, T3, T5
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream and Soft Stone card stock, My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side Two, My Mind's Eye Dilly Dally
Embellishments: May Arts crochet ribbon, Stampin' Up rope and jumbo eyelets, burlap, net (source unknown), distressing tool, sewing machine, foam adhesive squares, ivory acrylic paint

9 comments:

Mieke said...

Love the card!!!!

Marisa said...

Great nautical card, Amy! Love the burlap and seaside colour combo you used. I'm staying away from drawing LOL - have enough trouble with Words With Friends.

Marci said...

This card is *AMAZING*!!! So many details! Love it!! Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly said...

Stunning stunning stunning...i love the image...the design and all the added detail....oh how i wish i could design like this...tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT artwork w/excellent textures!

Kathlene said...

I can almost hear waves crashing...this is just the prettiest thing I've seen all day. Love your burlappy touches and perfect coloring. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent. Hugs, Kathy

Miriamart said...

Ach prześliczne.

Pet73 said...

Wow, looove this card! It's stunning!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a "Wow" card. So very nicely done!