Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Have a Beary Happy St. Paddy's Day



Hey there, friends, I've actually got my TCP Tuesday card ready on a Tuesday for once! Check out this awesome inspiration collection Jen put together for this week's challenge, TCPTues201:


I picked up on the green and blue combo and decided to put together a St. Patrick's Day card featuring A Beary Good Year. Just for fun and to go along with the inspiration photos, I adorned PJ with a little chevron paper piecing and a bow-tie. A dapper fella, no?







1. Each Tuesday we will give you a challenge.
2. You will have until the end of the month to complete the challenge.
3. Add your entry to the Inlinkz Gallery on Alma's blog -OR- upload to the SCS Gallery, using keyword TCPTUES201 for this week's challenge.
4. TCP stamps are not required for this challenge, but highly encouraged.
5. There will be one randomly chosen weekly winner, announced on Tuesdays who will win a Gift Voucher for use on The Cat's Pajamas website.
6. There will be one winner, The Swanky Stamper, announced the 1st of each month, who will win several sets from an upcoming release and get to play along with us at our Pajama Party and Blog Hop.
7. The winner has one week from the day the winner is posted to contact Alma for his/her voucher code.



I also used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch #154 for my layout:



Hope you're having a great week!



StampsA Beary Good Year (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: Papertrey Dark Chocolate, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, October Afternoon Sidewalks, Echo  Park This & That Charming 6x6, Crate Paper Random
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic Aqua Splash, Ranger Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks
Accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders Labels Sixteen Nestabilities and Tags Trio, The Cat's Pajamas linen thread, Papertrey buttons, May Arts wide striped ribbon, pom--pom trim (Maya Road?), sewing machine, distressing tool, foam adhesive
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous little St Patricks card and a great take on the sketch.
Hugs
Desire

Casandra Bennett said...

Adorable card!

June Houck said...

Oh so cute!!!

Chris said...

Totally adorable. I think your card is cuter than that cupcake and I don't like many things more than I like cupcakes.

Marisa said...

Cute bear! Love his bow tie :) Wonderful details as always!

craftyb said...

Oh you get a BIG thumbs up from this irish girl - that's a snazzy lil GREEN number! you nailed all the inspiration elements perfectly! bx

Carole said...

Oh Amy, the bear is so so adorable and your card is awesome!

Jayne A said...

Just too cute love the card.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Unknown said...

Hi Amy, cute card! Hey, just wanted to let you know I linked a photography tutorial you posted on SCS (from 2009 I think) to my blog for reference. I don't have a huge following or anything but didn't want to post and not let you know. I have had such a struggle posting my pictures, tripod or not, so this was just what I needed to read. I loved your reference to ironing sheets...my mom did that for years. Me I go for the wrinkle free sheets!

wendy said...

fantastic card Amy...always love your creativity and added details!

Makalah said...

Definitely dapper! Love that snazzy little bowtie!

Anonymous said...

Amy, if this isn't cute, I don't know what is! And oh, my - that cute bow tie! You really incorporated the inspiration items perfectly!

Conniecrafter said...

he is just too cute and I just love his little tie and the paper piecing!

dpkennedy said...

This is so stinkin' cute!