Monday, March 26, 2012

Scrapkit Studio: Live Love Laugh Mini-Album



Hey there friends, I've got a treat for you today! Well, it was a treat for me, anyway, so hopefully you'll like it, too. Recently, I was invited by Melinda Wharton at Scrapkit Studio to play with one of her mini-album kits, and today, I've got the completed album to share and a video. Yes, a video -- my first!

I didn't plan on doing a video, but as I was sifting through all the fabulous bits and pieces that came in the kit, I was so impressed with the organization and preparation that I just kept thinking how much I wished all of you could just see it/touch it/sort it, too. A video seemed like the next best thing to having you right here with me. The first half of the video is a brief walk-through of the kit contents and the second half is a walk-through of the completed album. Naturally, I don't like how my voice sounds and wish I'd have had a manicure beforehand and all that silly stuff, plus I edited out some wordiness and repetition, which makes for some jerky transitions, but I hope you'll enjoy anyway! (And now that I've got the whole video thing {sort-of} figured out, let me know what else you might like to see!

The mini-album kit I worked with is called Live Laugh Love, and is available from Scrapkit Studio. New kits are introduced monthly (can't wait to see future kits!). I added only a few things to the kit: a handful of additional buttons (some are in the kit already), May Arts natural burlap string, distressed edges, ink distressing, and machine stitching. Otherwise, all the elements you see are included in the kit. The papers that cover the chipboard album pages and other chipboard elements are all pre-cut exactly to size. There are also loads of other elements pre-cut as well (scalloped borders, lacy borders, banners, notched pennants/flags, etc.) All buttons, ribbons, felt, etc., is provided as well. Truly, the only things you need to add are some adhesives and a pair of scissors.

A complete, and highly detailed instruction sheet is provided with each kit. The level of detail is perfect for beginners. If you're a seasoned paper-crafter, you may not need the instructions and/or you may wish to rearrange and kind of go your own way with the kit contents. I did a little bit of both: some of the pages are per the instructions almost exactly; on others, I rearranged and borrowed/lended between pages to come up with my own layouts and such.

First, I'll share the video, and then photos of each page. Enjoy!





Front Cover: felt "love" letters, chipboard oval and oversize fishtail banner, small layered designer paper fishtail banner, buttons, twine, die-cut heart and butterfly, Martha Stewart paper doily
  

Page 1: chipboard frame, mini clothespin, wood buttons, paper doily, orange grosgrain ribbon. Ink distressing done with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Page 2: die-cut paper frame, lacy heart, solid heart, wood button, heart button/badge Added some machine stitching, distressing and ink distressing


Page 3: felt flower topped with paper flower, button, and baker's twine. Handmade mini flag.


Page 4: chipboard label with letter stickers, another handmade mini flag, and a die-cut heart. Left-hand border is red crochet trim layered with a die-cut lacy paper strip.


Page 5: button/twine with paper flags, letter stickers, die-cut bunting with buttons, die-cut lacy edge on ivory panel


Page 6: pocket with removable insert embellished with banner and scallop border die-cuts, a paper doily, buttons, and another heart button/badge. I plan to use this page for a letter to my children.

Page 7: die-cut banner strips topped with buttons and twill bow. Dangling felt and paper hearts strung with red baker's twine. Oval scalloped die-cut with letter stickers.


Page 8: Two oversize fishtail banner pieces, loopy paper die-cut border, wide striped ribbon for a rolled flower (link to video tutorial included in kit instructions)


Page 9: chipboard keys, die-cut heart, button and twine, twill bow with stick pin, sentiment read "the keys to a happy life include"


Page 10: layered chipboard label pieces, letter stickers, die-cut borders, paper hearts, lace and button with twine, printed sentiment reads "and friends"


I'm just thrilled with this album! I haven't done a mini-album in so long, and this came together so, so quickly thanks to the kit. Do check out Scrapkit Studio, where you'll find this and many other mini-album kits.

Have a fantastic day!



12 comments:

Oliwiaen said...

Now that's what you call a treat! Not one card, but a whole bunch of fantastic pages! And I love each one of it as I love the whole - awesome piece of work!
Congratulations on your first video (you have such a pleasant voice :-))

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Amy!! Well done on the video too :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Terrific video, Amy! Gorgeous album! I'd never heard of ScrapKit before!

Desire Fourie said...

What a stunning little project. I am sure it will be treasured for generations to come.
Hugs
Desire

Vickie Z said...

Haven't watched the video but, love all the pics!! Fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy ! I've finally gotten a chance to come leave a comment! Thank you SO MUCH for taking on one of my kits! You did such an awesome job with it, and I'm glad you like it and had fun. Your video is great - I think you're kidding us about it being your first one! Thanks for doing such an over-the-top job!!
Melinda

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous booklet, Amy...so wonderfully embellished and I must admit that at times I love when someone does all the work for me! The kit sounds like an awesome idea...and you've certainly put your trademark amazing-ness into it. Your video is great, too...I do agree witht the first gal...you do have such a pleasant voice and your video is so professional looking! Thanks, as always, for the marvelous inspiration!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is wonderful! Each page was perfectly crafted and I was excited to see the next one!!! Gorgeous album!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Thanks for sharing this tutorial of the process you used with this absolutely GORGEOUS little scrapbook!! There've been times I've wanted to create a small keepsake book for a retiree at work and time hasn't allowed me to do it, but these kits would be the perfect solution!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job Amy. I love every page and idea! Thanks for sharing.

Linda L said...

Oh Amy that's gorgeous. Loved the video - and your voice! Sounded just great to me:-) So glad you included pics on your blog of the album too as they really show up nicely - the colours are more beautiful than on the video I thought. Awesome project - looks like a great kit!

Marimer said...

Me ha encantado tu video, me he suscrito para no perderme los proximos, precioso el album.
Besitos.