Thursday, March 8, 2012

Okay - DS42


I just adore Verve's new Plain Jane, Be Okay, and have combined it here with some lovely Kaisercraft papers and Jen Shults's new Deconstructed Sketch.


Such a pretty sketch! I especially love the layering suggestion for the horizontal strip. Hope you'll join us this week (or whenever you have time -- there's no time limit to play with this week's sketch).

For more sketch interpretation, visit the Deconstructed Sketch girls:



  • Amber Hight
  • Amy Sheffer, Guest Designer (you're here)
  • Arielle Gordon
  • Donna Wardle
  • Jen Shults
  • Jessica Diedrich
  • Kadie Ensley
  • Lori Boyd
  • Pam Varnell
  • Sheri Gilson




  • Hope you're having a great week!




    StampsBe Okay Plain Jane (Verve Stamps)
    Paper: Kaisercraft These Days collection, Papetrey Vintage Cream, Rustic Ivory, and Kraft card stock
    Ink: Ranger Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, and Walnut Stain Distress Inks
    Accessories: Verve Loopy Blooms Die Set, MemrieMare seam binding, My Favorite Things doily and border dies, Maya Road white mini flowers, Papertrey button, foam adhesive, sewing machine, Pizzazz Aplenty pearl stick pins, distressing tool
    Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

    14 comments:

    Michelle said...

    Such pretty colors -- so springy -- love your gorgeous bow with the pins!

    Desire Fourie said...

    So beautiful. Love flowers and ribbon.
    Hugs
    Desire

    LORi said...

    It's gorgeous Amy!! Great work girlfriend! Hugs -LORi

    Oliwiaen said...

    Adorable card - love the bright colours and the optimistic message :-)

    Marisa said...

    Yummy colour comb and a fabulous use do the sketch :)

    Jen Shults said...

    This is just so gorgeous Amy. I love the seam binding and the fabulous papers you used. Seriously amazing stuff!

    Michelle Woerner said...

    Dear Okay card, you are so perfect with your dazzling orange and blue tones, spots of white and kraft base. I hope that one day you share some of your secrets with my card maker. She tries to do sewing and distressing on me, but they never turn out nearly as pretty.

    Have a wonderful day, signed MWoerner's card.

    Unknown said...

    Oh Amy!! This is just absolutely stunning!! I LOVE how you can distress a card into looking so beautiful!! Xx

    Linda Beeson said...

    What a sweet card, love that simple sentiment.

    Linda Beeson said...

    What a sweet card, love that simple sentiment.

    Conniecrafter said...

    very sweet and uplifting!

    Cheryl said...

    Beautiful! Love your "aged" ribbon and it looks like I need to get those flower dies--I am really liking the look of them.

    Alissa said...

    Hi, Amy. How does that My Favorite Things doily and border die work for you? I've been eyeing the doily looking sizzlet that Stampin Up sells but I keep hearing mixed reviews. I don't want to buy one that gives me trouble and ends up sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us all!
    -Alissa Hall

    Amy Sheffer said...

    Alissa, I've never had a problem with the MFT doily and border dies. Cuts are clean and go all the way through a heavy cardstock without using any extra shim or anything. I've used this border and doily with both the Cuttlebug and the Grand Calibur. Both work very well.

    I do have at least one other die (that I can think of) that has a more intricate pattern, and for that one, I needed to use a thin metal plate as a shim in order to get a full, even cut. The metal shims are available from The Cat's Pajamas and from MFT (and probably others). Don't know anything about the SU sizzlet, though, sorry!