Thursday, September 15, 2011

Where Flowers Bloom So Does Hope


Do you love My Mind's Eye's Lost and Found Two line as much as I do? Swoon! Many of the individual paper designs are so beautiful they practically make a card themselves. Here's a quickie taking full advantage of a scalloped label on one of the papers in the Sunshine collection. The sentiment, Where Flowers Bloom Plain Jane, is from Verve Stamps. I just added a few additional elements -- banner strips in two widths, button and twine, a pair of rhinestones, and some zigzag stitching -- and I was all set. I'm kind of liking the shabby, thrown-together look :)

Like Verve? Love Verve? Then "Get Your Diva On" for a chance at a future guest design spot! The contest ends Sunday! Details HERE


 


Stamps: Where Flowers Bloom Plain Jane (Verve Stamps) 
Paper: Papertrey Rustic White and Aqua Mist card stock, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two "Sunshine" Collection 
Ink: Ranger Walnut Stain and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks 
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities, Papertrey button and twine, foam tape, circle punch, sanding block, bling, paper piercer/needle/thread, distressing tool 
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

14 comments:

Kristi said...

Hi Amy! I am totally loving the Lost and Found collection too! I have been making cards like crazy with Sunshine and Blush! I love you card:The pop of light blue is stunning.

Karen said...

Wow! I love this! : )

Jackie Pedro said...

You could toss anything onto a card and it would be stunning! This is beautiful, Amy!!

Vickie Z said...

Ohhh.... Jackie said it perfectly, ditto!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Amy!! I love of the fabulous layers and distressing!!

Carmen said...

Really love this card! I think it's beautiful!

applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Amy, I followed some links and found your lovely blog. What a beautiful card. I hope you do very well in the challenges.

America said...

GORGEOUS colors and details AMY!

Oliwiaen said...

I like the papers so much I haven't cut them yet ;-)) Too pretty!
Well, I wouldn't call that card a quick one (or am I that slow crafter?) - the layering, sewing, cutting, shaping and composing!

Jen Shults said...

I think it's YOU that does great things to the paper, not the other way around, though I'm not gonna lie, I do adore that paper line. This is seriously gorgeous and I love to hear that it just came together easy peasy. LOVE cards that do that!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is beautiful! Love this layout with different patterns and fabulous sentiment! Love the shabby look! Must CASE you soon!! TFS!

Michelle Woerner said...

I am completely addicted to L&F2!! I love your use of this piece. I always forget to use the papers like this, perfectly done! Hugs to you and thanks for your comment the other day. You know I love your work girl and it's always nice to hear from one of MY inspirations!!

Pet73 said...

What a wonderful card! Love the destroyed look! Great layout!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!! LOVE it!