Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thank You, Skipping Stones Design



I'm excited to be joining Skipping Stones Design this month as their guest sketch designer. I had a blast hosting the sketch challenges back in January, so when Heather asked me to come back, I was thrilled! SSD is welcoming a new group of guest designers as well, and let me just say, I'm so honored to be in their company! A full meet-and-greet is available HERE on the Skipping Stones Design site.

New sketches are posted each Tuesday on the SSD blog, where you'll also find all the participation details. Hope you'll play along!




I drew up this sketch with the gorgeous background image from Timeless Textures in mind. I thought it would be perfect for the embossed resist technique. I stamped in Versamark onto watercolor paper, then clear embossed. Next I brushed on a generous helping of water, then added color with a combination of Distress Stains (Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, and Antique Linen), Maya Mists, and Glimmer Mist. You might be able to see some of the shimmer in this detail shot, which also shows the beautiful music-themed butterfly image from Heartsong.
 

Thanks for visiting! My little guy returns to preschool today and I've decided my summer survival reward will be four hours of uninterrupted daylight stamp time! Can't wait!



19 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Amy! Congrats on the GD spot!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is stunning, Amy!! I almost used the same background for the panels! LOL

Luanne said...

Fabulous Amy! I've printed out the sketch and plan to use it soon. Enjoy your happy stamping time....!

Wendy said...

Yeah for uninterrupted stamp time. Your card is fabulous Amy!! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a great sketch, and what an amazing group of ladies on the guest and design team this month!

Pet73 said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Beautiful card. I had to go an buy "Healing Wings", and I named you as my guilty enabler. Maybe next time I will buy Heartsong.

Anonymous said...

I love this sketch ou created and I absolutely love your rendition on it! The resist technique looks fantastic with this set and I love what you've done with it!

Karen B. said...

I've so enjoyed browsing your entire blog, thank you for such a fine sketch and what a beautiful card you've created. Great details!

dpkennedy said...

I love your sketch, and the background is just gorgeous!

curlyqmosaics said...

Wow Amy! This card is breathtakingly beautiful! I love the design, the color scheme, and that gorgeous ribbon
Down the side. Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Amy, I loved working with your sketch :)

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely, wonderful background, pretty butterfly and love the lace and ribbon combo!

Stephanie said...

Amy your card is just gorgeous! I love, love, love your background. It's so beautiful! Also, your sketches are just amazing this month! So excited that you are joining us on SSD for September!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, Amy!

Vanessa said...

Your sketch AND your take on it are both beautiful!!! Vanessa x

Taylor said...

SO pretty, Amy! I love the sketches you've created for us this month, and am SO excited to be working with them!

Ruth S said...

Gorgeous card Amy - looks like a fun sketch! Hopefully I'll have time to play ;)
Rx

Jessie/knightrone said...

It's so beautiful! Love it!!