Friday, September 16, 2011

Love At First Sip


Tosh is hosting the newest Viva La Verve sketch challenge, which was just posted this morning. It sure is a purty one ...


I used it to feature the awesome coffee/tea set, Better With You. The coffee cups in this set just beg to be embellished, and I was happy to oblige with corrugated cardboard sleeves, a stamped heart, and a bit of twine topped with some bling:



The sentiment is also from Better With You (and has lots of other cute, clever, sweet sentiments to keep it company). The papers I used are all from a new-to-me Baby Steps 6x6 pad from Simple Stories. I "un-babied" and "coffee-fied" it with lots of chocolate card stock and distressing. The chocolate doily was die-cut with My Favorite Things' Decorative Doily Die-namics die; the twine came from The Cat's Pajamas; and the tension on my sewing machine really needs to be adjusted! :D

If you've never participated in the Viva La Verve sketch challenges, you can find all the details on any of the September Viva La Verve sketch challenge threads over in the Verve Forum on Splitcoast:

**Viva La Verve September, Week 1 {9/2/11}**
**Viva La Verve September, Week 2 {9/9/11}**
**Viva La Verve September, Week 3 {9/16/11}**

We'll have two more September sketches (posted each Friday), and if you complete all five by Thursday, September 29, you'll have a shot at winning Verve's entire next release! Good luck and have an awesome weekend!




Stamps: Better With You (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft, Rustic White, and Dark Chocolate card stock, Simple Stories Baby Steps 6x6 collection
Ink: Ranger Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, Versamagic Jumbo Java ink, Stampin' Up Certainly Celery craft ink
Accessories: ivory burlap string, Hero Arts bling, corrugated cardboard, foam tape, The Cat's Pajamas twine, My Favorite Things Decorative Doily Die-namics die, Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities, Papertrey buttons, blue twill (unknown), distressing tool, sewing machine
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

17 comments:

Marisa said...

Classic Amy gorgeousness :) Love the corrugated sleeves with the hearts on them and the yummy earthy colours you used. I see Tosh tossed in a skewed panel just for me too LOL! Great card :)

g said...

so sweet Amy! love those embellished coffee cups & what awesome papers & colors! you rocked the fab sketch too!!

Unknown said...

Love this, Amy! Beautiful colors and all the details on your sweet creation!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Alyna said...

its so pretty :) and an excellent take at the sketch. i love all the colors and specially ur tiny lil cofee cups with all their embellishments.
hugs
Alyna

Pet73 said...

What a fun card! Wonderful sketch and great papers!

FerrellGraph-x said...

Your cards are always so lovely! I especially love those cute little coffee cups! Adorable!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

Dawn Easton said...

Love this, Amy! I was wondering how you did that stitching...lol Fanastic look!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is absolutely beautiful and your card reminds me I need to pull out that doily die and use it more often. I love those to-go cups too.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness Amy! Those little hearts on the coffee cups are the sweetest! Love your card!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVIN' this card!!...and I just added that decorative doily die to my list! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

SUPER cute! Love the little coffee cup embellishments. They are adorable!!

Cheryl said...

Love the sewing and all that distressing. My favorite look!

Desirée said...

I really like this card! The colors and the hearts!

Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

WOW!! Amy this is one stunning card my dear, but then everything you do is always over the top beautiful!!

Wanted to let you know that it was decided by my youngest daughter (7) that I case one of your cards for the Verve Diva Dare to Case-A-Diva and I hope I did you card justice!

Thank you for all of the wonderful inspiration!

Big Hugs
Heather

dpkennedy said...

Its coffee-fied perfectly! I love how warm and cozy it looks!