Monday, September 12, 2011

I Miss U


Today's card is one that I made back in August for Verve's big Anni-Verve-sary celebration and neglected to share here. It's not my favorite card ever, but it does have two things going for it ... the "i" and the "u," which I die-cut out of cork with Verve's awesome new I Heart U Die Set. The "miss" comes from the coordinating You and I stamp set. So many ways to combine the chunky "i" and "u" with all sorts of sentiment combos for a trendy, graphic look. The papers are all from one of the Lime Twist My Mind's Eye pad, and the yellow and navy pieces are die-cut with Spellbinders dies (Fleur de Lis Doily Motifs and Labels Eighteen, respectively). The light yellow twine is a color I picked up from The Cat's Pajamas, and the cork is from My Favorite Things.

Be sure to check out the current Get Your Diva On challenge -- your shot at a future guest designer spot with Verve! Sankari is our host this month, and you can find out all the details HERE. Good luck!

Wishing you a fantastic week ahead!


 


Stamps: You and I (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft card stock, Stampin' Up Whisper White card stock, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: I Heart U Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Spellbinders Labels Eighteen Nestabilities and Fleur de Lis Doily Motifs, Divine Twine, MFT cork, pinking shears, Papertrey button and twine, corner rounder, foam adhesive

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the cork letters and your wonderfully layered panel. Fun mix of colours and textures.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I think this card is super charming Amy!! LOVE the fabulously fun cork diecuts!! So clever!

Marimer said...

Son fantasticos, éste y los anteriores trabajos, perfectos y super creativos como siempre.
Enhorabuena.
Besitos.

Oliwiaen said...

I think the card perfectly illustrates the sentiment - no sweet embellishments, no flowers, just a simple expression. Ideal!

sex addict said...

It is such a impressive work the cork letters also your wonderfully layered panel is unique work. Totally fun mix of colours and textures.

Dawn Easton said...

LOL it might not be one of your favourites but I love it! The cork, the colours, those dies.....perfect!

curlyqmosaics said...

I love this card! It is boldly stated in a fun way with the big cork letters. Definitely a favorite for me! TFS!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Great colors! Love this!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

oh my, do I LOVE this!! But I love all your cards! (Masterpieces!!)
HUGS!!!!