Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Creeping By to Say Hi



A new sketch challenge is up over at Skipping Stones Design -- hope you'll join in the fun!

My sample features a set called Halloweenie, on sale all month long for $12.49! Both the creepy spider image (um, arachnophobe here! :shivers:) and the sentiment are from Halloweenie. I isolated just the word "hi" for the star accent and also stamped the full sentiment repeatedly on the scalloped strip. The spider is stamped onto a text print. The papers are all from My Mind's Eye's Mischievous collection.


Here's what we're playing with this week:


And here's a look at Halloweenie (love the "BOO" poem!):




For lots of fabulous sketch interpretations, visit the Skipping Stones Design site, where you'll find samples galore, from this month's rock-star guests and from the uber-amazing SSD design team! I've seen some of the samples already, and they are amazingly creative!

Thanks for visiting!




Stamps: Halloweenie (Skipping Stones Design) 
Paper: Papertrey Kraft, My Mind's Eye Mischievous 
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Pumice Stone Distress 
Accessories: Stampin' Up circle and star punches, My Favorite Things Simply Scallops Medium Die-namics, papertrey twine and button, paper piercer/needle/thread, foam adhesive, distressing tool 
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

14 comments:

Ruth S said...

Love your creepy Halloweenie design Amy ;)
Hopefully I'll have chance to play with the sketch later!
Thanks for the inspiration, Rx

Jingle said...

Amy, I love, love, LOVE this card! It is just a fabulous combination of color and texture and things that make me smile!

Jan Garber said...

Not your usual "cartoony" card! This is terrific! Love your stitching!

Oliwiaen said...

Fantastic sketch and gorgeous card. I love the way you play with stamps!!!!

Barb Turpin said...

Loving your sketches Amy and love the way you stamped the sentiment over and over...very cute card.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic creepy card! That spider makes me shudder, I dont think I could have even stamped it I am that bad!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is great! Love the sketch too! Fabulous Halloween card

Cheryl said...

A great "creepy" card! I love the spider. I don't think I've ever seen a granddaddy longleg spider as a stamp. Even though they are harmless, they make my skin crawl! Ewwwww!

Jenny said...

Love the look of this Halloween card- lots of awesome details, but still a clean look....You always amaze me girl!! tfs:)

Conniecrafter said...

very creepy card, the stitching is perfect and neat sketch!

Wendy said...

I LOVE this. I love that you stopped a straight stitch and turned it into zigzag....nice touch. The scalloped border really sets it off too. Thanks so much for all of your fabulous sketches. I hate to see them end. Thanks Amy!!!

dpkennedy said...

Oooh, cute AND creepy!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So vintage and pretty! Love it! :)

Katie Gehring said...

Thanks for another great sketch! Love your card- it perfectly spooky and fabulous!