Sunday, October 16, 2011

Follow Your Dreams


I don't think it's actually been forever since I last blogged, but it sure feels that way. I had great expectations and a fun stamping to-do list that, unfortunately, remains untouched. But it's been a blessedly full week. One highlight: my first out-of-the-home paid employment in twelve years (woohoo!!), subbing at my youngest son's preschool. Five hours, times two days, with ten two-and-a-half years olds = ten times more worn out than usual, but 100 times blessed. Happy sigh ...

I did have a little stamping time last night. Bits and pieces of Prima's Londonerry collection (available at Stamper's Dream) have been spread out on my craft island from a couple of other cards I've made and posted, so it was an easy place to start. I have two friends who are embarking upon big life changes, both career-related, and so I designed this card with each of them in mind. It can be scary to follow your dreams, especially when it involves leaving a place of comfort and familiarity for the unknown. I want them to know I believe in them! 

The "Follow Your Dreams" sentiment is from JustRite's Dare to Dream set. "Londonerry" has several sheets in it of wonderful reduced-size elements such as the ticket that I stamped the sentiment on and the tilted square framed panel behind it (Finick Finack).


 There are also a couple of word borders that I cut apart to tuck here and there.


 Details include May Arts green velvet crochet-edged ribbon, a crochet trim bow topped with a purple Prima flower, and a crystal flourish. I don't know why, but I had never thought to tie the crochet trim into a bow until I saw it someone's blog a week or two ago. Of course now I can't remember whose blog it was, but a big thanks for the inspiration just the same!



 Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!




Stamps: Dare to Dream (JustRite Stamps) 
Paper: Prima Marketing Londonerry, Stampin' Up naturals card stock for card base 
Ink: Ranger Walnut Stain Distress Ink 
Accessories: May Arts crochet trim and velvet crochet-edged ribbon, Prima flower, bling (unknown?), My Favorite Things bracket die, sewing machine, distressing tool, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Stampin' Up vintage trinkets (safety pin), foam adhesive
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

13 comments:

Marimer said...

Hermosisima, no se como has podido poner tantos detalles increiblemente coordinados y perfectos.
Gran trabajo.
Besitos.

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous. I love all your work.

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear creativ Lady,
You make so lovely works! Thank you for share them! Please visit my creative Site too.
Many Hugs from Marina

Becky Dunham said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Amy! Sounds like you have found a fun way to bring in extra money, albeit exhausting! I'll bet it is still fun.

Gail said...

that's very pretty. In fact... I used your idea for my card :) Thanks for sharing your awesomeness :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Oh my, Amy, this is gorgeous! Really stunning. I love the collage feel to it - so beautiful! And woo hoo for having a paying gig :) I was just thinking the other day, that pre-school/kindergarten sub would be something I might like to do when my youngest is a bit older.

Playing with Paper said...

Wow Amy this is stunning!!! I just love all your work!!

babar said...

this card is the best example of creative work with marvelous color scheme.
PVC cards
loyalty card printing

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is gorgeous! Love all that distressing!!!
Sounds like an interesting week!! Glad you enjoyed it but sorry you were so tired....lol

Conniecrafter said...

this is gorgeous, I am sure they will be very touched, love the distressing and your lace bow is lovely!

Heidi said...

Amy this is absolutely stunning, it feels so vintage and romantic. And the rhinestones, perfect.

Ellen said...

This card is like a fairy tale, so much to see !!
Gorgeous card.
Hugs, Ellen

dpkennedy said...

Dang, this is gorgeous!