Monday, August 15, 2011

Verve After Party: Be You

What a spectacular release Verve had last week to celebrate its fourth anniversary! I had so much fun with all the spotlight hops and then the chitchat and excitement of the release party. The release party may be over, but we're still celebrating! Every Monday after a release, over on the Verve blog, each Diva chooses a favorite card to post. Loads of gorgeous eye candy awaits, so take a moment and check it out!

Here's the card I chose as my favorite from this release:




I just adore the new Words of Wisdom set. Here, I've put together a relatively clean-and-simple design that shows off both the simplicity of the sentiment and a really cute piece of bicycle paper (from Jillibean Soup's Blossom Soup collection). The pink polka-dot butterfly was diecut with Verve's Flutterby die.

Warning ... change of scenery ahead ... promise not to judge? ...

Just for kicks, I thought I'd show you my personal "after party," which began on Saturday morning, as I faced the daunting task of cleaning up this ...



and this...



and this ...



What can I say? I'm a messy crafter! Besides, when the mojo shows up, who am I to ask it to wait while I clean up?

Have an awesome day and an awesome week, friends!


11 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a darling card, Amy! So simple, yet fabulous! I LOVE it!

Ravengirl said...

I love your card...and your mess! I am a messy stamper as well!

Debbie Carriere said...

Amy, I love this card!!! That bicycle paper is adorable!! Love that you showed us some messy pictures!! Looks like my space about 5 days of the week!!

Kerri said...

love your card and glad to see that I am not the only one who messes up the area..thks for sharing..

Lori Craig said...

No judgement here. I love your messy desk. It makes me feel a tad bit normal. <3

Marisa said...

Yeah!!! Someone else has a messy area too LOL! I had things everywhere - even on the guest bed in the room :) I agree, go with the creativity flow, no matter how wide it spreads ;) Great card too.

Tanya said...

I loved this card too. Yay! You are messy too! I feel so much better now, lol!

Carmen said...

Really cute card! I don't know how to keep a clean space...it's impossible for me. Not sure what goes on in my head when I'm crafting, but the results are a big fat mess! As for the rest of my home - organized and clean. What gives?

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card, Amy! I'm loving the distressing and that new stamp set too! Can't wait for mine to arrive ;)

LOL my stamp area is a mess too. Fortunately, I know where everything is!

Conniecrafter said...

very cute card, and I love seeing that I am not the only one that has a room that looks like a tornado went through after a cardmaking session :)

Kathy Jones said...

Totally cute card and I had a laugh at your cleaning up pics!! Some day I hope I can 'party' with you and I'd help you clean up too!!! :)