Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lantern Light


Happy World Cardmaking Day!

Today's card uses a gorgeous holiday image from Stampendous called Lantern Light. I stamped onto watercolor paper, watercolored with my Tombow Brush-Pen Markers, then sponged around the perimeter for some depth. Some of the branches are topped with Frosted Lace Stickles and the berries are dotted with Christmas Red Stickles (wish I hadn't done that, though, it's a little much). Around the perimeter of the image, I added a bead of liquid glue and dipped it in some Cat's Pajamas silvery Glitzy Glitter. Along the top and bottom of the main image I added a curvy mat, which are just parts I trimmed from a Spellbinders Labels Sixteen diecut. Lantern Light comes with a beautiful sentiment ("May His love light your way at Christmas time and others"), but I was working in SFYTT mode and needed something smaller. JustRite to the rescue! The "All the brightest and the best of the season" border from Holiday Cheer seemed a wonderful fit for this image (and for the sketch). The designer papers are from the Holly Jolly collection by My Mind's Eye.

So here's Jen's Sketch For You To Try (which, let's see, I rotated 90 degrees and flipped mirror-image):


Be sure to visit the SFYTT Sisters for some GORGEOUS samples. And give a warm welcome to our October guest designer, Lesa Smaligo! Welcome, Lesa!

Jen del Muro with guest designer Lesa Smaligo
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Jenn Diercks
Jodi Collins
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O'Brien
Megan Lock
Sonja Christoph
Susan Liles

Have a fantastic weekend!


13 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Your card is just stunning. I love your work, it is so inspiring!!

Marcie Sharp said...

Gorgeous card! I think the red Stickles look lovely and I LOVE that glittery border around the image!!

Linda Carson said...

Quite STUNNING!

Unknown said...

Girl, you have outdone yourself once again. This card is jaw dropping GORGEOUS!!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Beautiful work! I Love it!

Lori Craig said...

Gorgeous, Amy!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Beautiful card Amy, just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Stunning Amy! Simply stunning.

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This card is wonderful!
Annette

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Amy, beautifully coloured!
Clairex

Jenn Diercks said...

The lantern is such a fun Christmas image. I love your coloring on it and the colors you paired with it for the card. It's gorgeous!

Oliwiaen said...

Oh, this image is so dimensional! Great take on the sketch too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so beautiful and serene Amy! I really like Jen's sketch turned too! Just lovely! :D