Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Impression Obsession Week: Day Two



Hi friends! It's Impression Obsession Week at Stamper's Dream! Be sure to check in with the Dream Team each day this week for oodles of Impression Obsession loveliness. Also posting today are Cindy, Dawn, Denise and Michelle. If you missed out on Day One, visit Laurie, Becca and the newest Dream Team member, Leslie Miller, to catch up. (Welcome to the team, Leslie! We are SO lucky to have you!).

And here's the schedule for the rest of the week:

Tomorrow (Wednesday): Cammie, Michelle, Silke, Tosh, and me again

Thursday: Cindy, Dawn, Denise, Leslie, and Michelle

Friday: Laurie, Michelle, Silke, and Tosh

For today's project, I've created a framed bath decor piece using an image called Sanctuary. Here's the full view:



I figure if I can't be in a tub like that, sipping wine and eating cake, then at least I can color one instead! Speaking of being in a tub like that, my first idea was to make a "do not disturb" door hanger. Totally useless in my house - I can't do anything without company - but I love the idea! I did all of my coloring with Prismacolor pencils, blending with Gamsol. I like the softer look of the pencils with this particular image.

I chose soothing shades of blues, greens, and grays, along with a touch of warm brown, for my color combo. The patterns in Memory Box's Spearmint collection worked perfectly as a backdrop. The word "relax" is done with Maya Road chipboard letters. I first painted them with white acrylic paint, then coated them with Ranger's Picket Fence crackle paint. Hopefully you can see the detail in this next shot:



The image is die-cut with the largest of the Labels 10 Nestabilities. I finished off with some ribbon pleating along the bottom and a ribbon and button combo at the top.

This was a tricky project to photograph, so here's one more shot. Hopefully, between the lot, you'll get a good feel for this! And remember, you can always click on any image for a larger view.





Thanks so much for stopping by!



Stamps: Sanctuary (Impression Obsession)
Paper: Prismatics Island Mist Medium card stock, Papertrey Aqua Mist, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Memory Box Spearmint
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stumps, Spellbinders Labels 10 Nestabiltiies, Offray white satin ribbon, Stampin' Up Certainly Celery twill, Papertrey white button, May Arts natural burlap string, Maya Road chipboard letters, Making Memories white acrylic paint, Ranger Picket Fence crackle paint, shadow box

31 comments:

Lori Craig said...

Super Sweet.... love the color scheme. We're redoing our master bath this week and next - perfect match. Have a great day, Amy! Hugs!

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwwwww! Beautiful coloring and what a GORGEOUS picture to hang in the bathroom!....LOVE it!

Kerry Johnson said...

Wow Amy!! This is stunning!! I absolutely love it!

Danisha said...

WOW! Love this!!! The way you colored it is just beautiful!

dolcreations said...

This is absolutely stunning. Such a gorgeous picture to hang in any washroom! Beautiful!!!!!!!

Gail said...

How cute! I love how you finished the chip board. It really made them pop with a bit of dimension. :)

Joy said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is a stunning project. Love it! :)

Eva said...

Oh WOW....this is soooo gorgeous!! I love how you created a framed art....this is simply amazing and I loved your crackled letters, too!!! Hugs...

Unknown said...

This is just AMAZING! Your coloring is so good and I love all the other details! This is so cute!

Becca Feeken said...

I swear Amy, you could take a pile of sticks and make them look majestic!! I'm totally jonesing over this piece!! The coloring is magnificent, my friend!!

Oliwiaen said...

I bet anyone'd like to BE in a tub like that!

Niki Estes said...

Oh my goodness, Amy, this is amazing! It's a piece of art! Your coloring is amazing and I love all the details you added!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

This is FABULOUS!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so great, Amy! Talk about cute! I'd love to have this in my bathroom! Your coloring and details are awesome! Love how you crackled the letters!

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous frame, love what you did with this and the coloring is perfect!

Silke Ledlow said...

He,he, you are so funny Amy!!! Glad you had fun making this awesome frame!!! You really did a fabulous job with this IO image!!! You brought it to a new level!!! I totally admire your creativity!!! Hugs ~S~

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Amy absolutely stunning.

Anke

mylambboys said...

Wow...it looks great! Love everything about it! Thanks for sharing!

reeree62 said...

So pretty, Amy!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Amy, that would look awesome hanging in MY bathroom! LOL! Fabulous job on this, my friend. The coloring and details are genuinely a beautiful work of art! Love it!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love, love it Amy! I was gonna joke that if you wanted you could put it in my bathroom, but someone (Michelle above) already did! I guess we really like this one. :)

Deborah Young said...

Oh my goodness. This is insanely adorable!!!

renee said...

Ooh this is too stinkin cute!! I love it. One thing on our to do list is our master bath redo, I think once were down I will have to do something like this. too cute.
Blessings, Renee

WhiteRacoon said...

Sooo cute! =)
And the ruffle at the bottom =) and the ribbon bow - so lovely! The title is great. So cozy!..
Good job!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Amy, this is so beautiful! Great idea to create a frame with this image.

Carolyn King said...

wow girl...you can rock those prismacolor pencils! This is stunning!!! love what you did with the image...great piece of art!

Carolyn King said...

wow girl...you can rock those prismacolor pencils! This is stunning!!! love what you did with the image...great piece of art!

Heidi Karpen said...

This is so great Amy- what a great piece to hang in your bathroom! You are the master of the prismacolors...gorgeous work as always~

Jenny Gropp said...

FAB!!! your soft coloring is total perfection!! Fantastic project!!

Holly said...

Love your coloring!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow this is amazing, it is amazing how a stamp can turn into such a wonderful project!