Thursday, July 14, 2016

Wanderlust Inspirations


Welcome to the last day of Papertrey's July release countdown. Release day is tomorrow! Are you excited?!

Today we have some travel themed products to showcase. Heather Nichols has been sharing some of her amazing Traveler's Journal collection on her blog this week. Today, the rest of us get to join in the fun! Going right along with the travel theme is Betsy's What the Doodle: Map. Serious cuteness right there! 

All of the new products will be available at 10 pm ET on July 15 in the Papertrey Ink store.



I'm a bit of a junkie when it comes to notebooks and journals, so I'm really excited about the Traveler's Journal products that Heather Nichols has designed. I'm going to show you lots of photos of what I made, but for detailed product info and assembly how-to, you'll definitely want to check out Heather's and Nichole's blogs.

For my traveler's journal, I made my cover out of canvas. I die-cut two of the Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover, then fused them together with Heat 'N Bond. I also stitched the perimeter, but that was purely an aesthetic choice -- the Heat 'N Bond worked like a charm! (Some kind of fray check is a good idea for fabric covers.)

I embellished the front cover with a USA map die-cut from What the Doodle: Map, along with a word die-cut and airplane image from Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover. The arrow is from another die set in the collection: Traveler's Journal: Envelope. (You'll see more of that below.) I glued the paper elements onto the fabric with some Fabri-Tac. I've been handling my cover a fair amount, and so far, no problems with anything coming off.


\
Inside the cover are three separate Traveler's Journals. The journals are made using the Traveler's Journal Pages, which are unassembled journal blanks. They come flat, so you can decorate first, then assemble or assemble first and then decorate.

I'm using each journal to document a different family trip.


The first is a NYC trip from a few years ago. I'll have a complete supply list below, but all the stamping was done with images from the Traveler's Journal: Adventure set. The patterned papers are from the Traveler's Journal Paper Collection.


I made a tab using a Tremendous Tag and the Type Strips II alphabet stamps.



The photo frame die is included in the Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover, and the ticket is stamped with Traveler's Journal: Adventure.



Although the square pages are perfect for Instagram photos, you can also put your 4x6 photos straight into the journal. 



Another 4x6 adhered straight into the album with no cropping. This time I added a little Mini Slide Frame, too. The typewriter-style words are from Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes.



On the inside of the back cover I adhered a Traveler's Notebook: Envelope for memorabilia.


I can't wait to finish documenting this trip. I've forgotten how much I enjoy scrapbooking! This format and size is something I can really get behind, too, whether it's for trips or for the everyday moments.


Stamps: Traveler's Notebook: Adventure, Traveler's Notebook: Typed Notes, Petite Places: Sweet Shoppe and Petite Places: Main Street, Monthly Moments: Mini Slide Frame, Type Strips II

Dies: Traveler's Notebook: Outer Cover, Traveler's Notebook: Envelope, What the Doodle: Map, Minute To Make: Holiday Tags, Bookprint Alphabet, Tremendous Tags, Type Strip, Petite Places: Sweet Shoppe, Petite Places: Main Street, Petite Places: Pop Up Trees, Wet Paint Cuts II,  Mini Slide Frame

Ink: Versamark; Americana, Enchanted Evening, True Black, Spring Moss, Harvest Gold, Spring Rain

Paper: Traveler's Journal Pages, Traveler's Journal Paper Collection; White, Green Parakeet, Americana, Enchanted Evening, Classic Kraft, Rustic White card stock

Other: Traveler's Journal Elastic Cord, natural linen thread, white linen thread, eyelets, canvas, Fabri-Tac, Heat 'n Bond, sewing machine




I have two quick and simple projects to share using What the Doodle: Map. This one couldn't be any easier! Stamp the doodle map, diecut, wrap with thread and hang a tag, then add a heat embossed sentiment. Finished in well under 10 minutes!


The sentiment is from the new Keep It Simple: Missing You.



Stamps: What the Doodle: Map; Keep It Simple Missing You

Dies: What the Doodle: Map, Tiny Tags

Ink: Classic Kraft, Versamark

Paper: Enchanted Evening, Classic Craft, Pure Poppy

Other: white linen thread, white embossing powder




This quick project was inspired by moms and dads who will be sending kids off to college in the fall. The glassine bag is the perfect size for a gift card or some cash and a darling way to let someone know you're thinking of them and missing them.


The adorable little geotags are from the Traveler's Notebook: Envelope die set and the paper inside is from the What the Doodle: Map paper collection.


Stamps: What the Doodle: Map

Dies: What the Doodle: Map, Traveler's Notebook: Envelope

Ink: Versamark

Paper: What the Doodle: Map paper collection; Classic Kraft and Green Parakeet card stock

Other: glassine bag, white linen thread




For more Wanderlust Inspiration, visit the Papertrey team:



Thanks for visiting!


12 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are fabulous, Amy! I especially love your little travel album!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

AMAZING book. Your gift packaging is awesome, too!
NYC is an amazing place isn't it? I LOVE it there!

Lisa Dolson said...

Amy, I had to come back and comment on how much I like your scrapbook style. You have a great sense of balance on your darling little pages, and I love how you placed all of the elements. I'll be back to really look at every thing closely! Great work!

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful book using Heather's fun new products Amy!

Julie W said...

Love the icons, the caps adventure and arrows...basically the whole travelers line! The buildup for the release has been great! Looking forward to it !

Diana K said...

Love how you used split 4x6 photos. Such a good idea and very cool looking. Your clean, crisp style has made me want to scrapbook again!

Lynne said...

Amy you are amazing. Love your little NYC book and also your card and gift card holder. You are right in saying this little book is just the right size and not so intimidating as a 12x12 format.

merryf said...

love all of your projects!

Tammie Koehnen said...

Ooh Amy your projects for this months PTI release are totally amazing! Although I think everything you make is TOTALLY amazing 😊❤️, but seriously I love today's post, great inspiration using Heather's adventure journaling set. I can't wait to get my hands on this months release.

Cindy G. said...

Such a fun set for journaling! This could come in handy as my husband & I have a few trips coming up in the near future! Great job and color combinations!

Deborah R said...

All your posts lately have been going in my favorites folder, including this one! Thank you for sharing your talent and ideas.

Tracy said...

i'm just catching up from being away and this one is killing me - you know I love alll things scrapbooking! all your stuff just so fabulous sweetie!