Saturday, July 23, 2016

Stamp-A-Faire - Starry Night


Today's Stamp-A-Faire event at Papertrey is well underway! We'd love to have you join us today -- for any or all of it.


Our theme is The Masters. So far, today's challenges have included Master Color Recipes, Starry Night, and Gilded in Gold. Follow along with the full day's challenges over at Nichole's blog, which is where you'll also link up your projects. 

Each link list will be open until 7am ET Tuesday, July 26th, so you will have ample time to participate and photograph your projects. 


I have the honor of hosting a Starry Night challenge inspired by Vincent van Gogh. You'll find the challenge HERE on Nichole's blog, but I'll also share here:







Vincent van Gogh wrote about the technical challenge of depicting a night sky: "It often seems to me that the night is even more richly colored than the day, colored with the most intense violets, blues and greens.... It's clear to me to paint a starry sky it's not nearly enough to put white spots on blue-black." In this tutorial, we'll apply a range of colors to create a rich and variegated night sky background. We'll begin with ink blending, follow with watercoloring, and finish with acrylic paint. I'll also show you how to create tree silhouettes along a horizon line for an easy way to complete a night scene."




I hope you'll play along! Remember, the link-up is HERE on Nichole's blog!


4 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous video, I love this

Greta said...

Just wanted to say your Starry Night challenge was my favorite--thank you for the wonderful inspiration! For some reason I had trouble adding the watercoloring even though I used 140 pound wc paper, but I loved how my blended sky turned out & even the trees! I was pretty skeptical I could do them with paint & my foam brush--so glad I tried! I plan to make some 1 layer Christmas cards with this technique for the background--thank you so much, Amy!

Jean Marie said...

What is the thread you used to make the circles behind FAITH? Absolutely beautiful card,

Leigh Penner said...

Your card is so fabulous, Amy, and your did a fantastic job with the video and tutorial, too! Sage and I both had a lot of fun creating our night-time cards!
And thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog, too! I showed Sage and she said: "Amy is one of our favourites, right?" "Right!" :)