Monday, July 4, 2016

Papertrey Make It Monday: String Art Using Die-Cuts


Happy Independence Day to my U.S.A. readers!

I'm excited to be hosting this week's Make It Monday video tutorial and challenge over at Papertrey Ink! Visit Nichole's blog for all the details and to link up your creation.




I've been so inspired by string art projects I keep seeing on Pinterest. You know, the ones where you wrap string around nails that are arranged into a shape. Click HERE for a whole bunch of wonderful examples. I thought, why not try it on a card? Papertrey's stitching dies are wonderful for this, but lots of other dies work, too. 

In the 4th of July notecard above, I've done some spirograph-style string art. In the example below, I created some basic string art corner accents:



In the video, I even share a string wrapping idea if you want something quicker and/or if all that stitching seems daunting. See? No excuses not to play along using whatever supplies you already have on hand ;)



I hope you'll check out the challenge and play along!


No comments: