Saturday, November 6, 2010

Old School Harvest


I was admiring the patterns and warm, rich colors in Pink Paislee's new Old School Collection and couldn't help but think of the Fall harvest. (I can see Christmas in that collection, too.)

The stamped image, from JustRite's new *CLING*-mount (yes, you read that right!) A Day in the Country, was colored with Prismacolor pencils, then hand-trimmed, leaving just a thin ivory mat. For the sentiment, I inked just the word "Harvest" from one of the sentiments in JustRite's Nature's Nested Sentiments Centers & Verse set.



The little embellishment cluster includes a new favorite product -- Webster's Pages Netting. I particularly like the gold that I used here because it adds such a nice sparkle. Each package has eleven 8x8 squares of different nettings. On this card, I cut out roughly a 2 1/2-inch square, cinched it in the middle like a bow-tie, and tucked it behind the crochet flower. Really fun stuff, and a little goes a long way!



The layout for today's card is Jen's Sketch For You To Try:


So many possibilities with this sketch - lots of room for interpretation with that circle panel. And that top rectangle would make a perfect pocket or envelope flap. Can't wait to see what you'll do with it! To play along, just link up your creation to Jen's blog.

Take a look at what the SFYTT sisters and our new November guest designer (welcome, Stephanie!) have put together for the week:

Jen del Muro with guest designer Stepanie Muzzulin
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Jenn Diercks
Jodi Collins
Megan Lock
Sonja Christoph
Susan Liles

(Carole, Kelly, and Leigh are all taking a break.)

Have a fantastic weekend!


17 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

What a beautiful collection of yummy-ness on your card Amy!

Stampvanwinkle said...

So very pretty Amy, I love all of your embellishments.

Sexier You said...

paper
It's so beautiful! I love it.

Carmen said...

Very pretty card! Love the netting and the little crocheted flower!

Susie said...

I love all the details you put on your cards. The designer paper really picks up the stamped image (which you colored perfectly!) And I do like the netting. I love finding little things that interest like that. Beautiful card and tag ;)

Oliwiaen said...

I also love this collection! And I also thought of Christmas, the colours are so traditional and all :-)
Surely, I love your card too, especially that rosette under the image - what a clever way to use the circle motif from the sketch!

Amber Hight said...

Really beautiful Amy! I love the accordian flower and everything layered on top, super gorgoeus!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty Amy!

Anonymous said...

Amy!!! Pefection as usual!

Andrea Ewen said...

You have such a way with chotchkie collages (for lack of a better term, although that one is pretty catchy)! Love the mix of hemp, mesh, buttons, flowers, etc...I could go on but I don't know how many lines I'm alotted here. Anyway, gorgeous as usual!

Makeesha Byl said...

Beautiful Amy! I especially love your doily! Thanks for sharing and a fab take on the sketch! Keesh x

Conniecrafter said...

Neat image, love how you have done all the layering here, wonderful talent you have!

Bev J. said...

Wonderful card-love all the texture and the netting behind the crocheted flower-pretty.

Kerry Piader said...

Great card Amy. Love the image, the paper and basically every aspect of your delightful card creation.

kerry2

Jami said...

Beautiful card Amy!! I love the country feel to it with the colors and rubbed edges - and that bit of tulle behind the crocheted flower is a perfect touch!! Love it!!

Rose said...

Beautiful card, love the many details of this! Excellent.

artfuldelight said...

Beautiful card, I LOVE the border on the bottom of the card. :-)