Saturday, November 20, 2010

Don't Open Until Christmas


Bet you'll never guess what I've been doing today? ;) Here, at last, is my sample for this week's Sketch For You To Try. I've been wanting to ink up this sweet little "Don't Open Until" Pure Innocence image from My Favorite Things for a while now, and Jen's sketch looked like a super fit. Here's what we're working with this week:



I colored my image with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I colored a second image, trimmed around the girl and present and placed it down onto the first one. I didn't end up popping it up because the grass beneath the gift became a little tricky. Love how the sentiments in this set work for *both* Christmas and birthdays - so much added versatility there. I went ahead with the Christmas sentiment and even gave her some long sleeves for the season. The snowflake accents were cut with MFT's Let It Snowflake Die-namics die. I tucked in some Prima Cream Lace Trim behind the main image. Patterned papers are from Basic Grey's Jovial collection.

If you haven't seen the rest of the SFYTT samples, check them out:


Jen del Muro with guest designer Stepanie Muzzulin
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Jenn Diercks
Jodi Collins
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O'Brien
Megan Lock
Sonja Christoph
Susan Liles

To play along, link up your sketch card to Jen's post. Love this sketch - hope you do too!

Have an awesome weekend!

14 comments:

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Just Gorgeous! I love all the little details and your colouring is stunning as always!
Hugs, Marit.

Marisa said...

Totally adorable card, Amy :) Love the fun DP and you have coloured the image fabulously. Glad you caught up on your sleep yesterday ;)

Anonymous said...

Yup, amazing!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

So adorable love all the little details!!!!!

HappyCrafter said...

What a wonderful card! The colouring is fabulous, and I really like how you did the sentiment.

Unknown said...

Awwww.....SO cute! Love that sweet little PI girl, and your embellishments are always absolutely perfect! Love it!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

Jenn Diercks said...

Awww, this is adorable! Now I have another PI girl to add to my wish list. The colors are just fabulous too.

Erin Smetak said...

Just gorgeous Amy!!!! I love it! Hmm, so you used both Copics and Prismacolor pencils! It looks awesome! I would never have guessed!

Hey, thanks for emailing me back about the ornament! :D

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful Amy! The details are just perfect! I especially love the lace! :D

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, she's so sweet!!! I always love your mix of papers and texture!

Ree said...

Amazing card Amy! Love the DSP...great colors. This lil' Pure Innocence image is precious. Well, aren't they all??

Allison said...

Such a sweet card! Love it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How super cute!! I love it!!