Wednesday, November 17, 2010

JustRite 12 Weeks of Christmas Blog Hop 11


Welcome to the 11th week of JustRite's 12 Weeks of Christmas Blog Hops! Every Wednesday up until Thanksgiving, some of your favorite designers will be joining some of the JustRite design team for a series of Christmas blog hops showcasing JustRite's entire Christmas collection of stamps. This week, the Stamper's Dream designers are playing along!

For my project, I've put together some super quick and easy treat packaging. I started with a squarish glass jar (purchased at Target for around $5, maybe less), then spruced it up with a stamped label and some yummy ribbon. For the label, I used a border and center from JustRite's From Our House 2" Square Borders & Centers Set. I stamped the border onto Kraft and colored the holly with Copic markers, then stamped the "To/From" center on Ivory, punched it out and matted it with red. The curvy black mat was done with a Spellbinders Labels Sixteen Nestabilities die. A length of wide striped green ribbon is sandwiched between the stamped label and a paper doily. Last comes a red polka dot bow tied on with a black button and some red baker's twine.

I've filled my treat jar with candy-coated pretzel rods. To make these, just dip pretzel rods into melted Wilton candy melts. When the first color of candy has set, drizzle a second color back and forth. (You could also decorate them with seasonal sprinkles - be sure to add those before the candy coating hardens.) These are a perfect combo of sweet and salty, and festive too! Store at room temperature -- bet they won't last long!

Please visit all the designers who are participating in today's hop!

JustRite Inspiration Blog
Beate Johns
Debbie Olson
Michelle Rodgers
Sankari Wegman
Tosha Leyendekker
Kazan Clark
Lori Craig
Amy Sheffer ---you're here
Stephanie Kraft
Denise Marzec
Michele Kovack
Carolyn King
Barb Schram
Jenn Balcer
Cindy Lawrence
Angela Barkhouse
Christina Fischer
Heidi Blankenship
Mariana Grigsby
Terre Fry
Teresa Kline

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

25 comments:

Beate said...

Amy, this is beautiful! Love your label, the double ribbon and the doily underneath. Wonderful project.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Beautifully done, Amy! LOVE this gorgeous project and those yummy pretzel rods. I will definitely CASE that label you made for some of my gift giving this season!

Lori Craig said...

So sweet. I'll take 2 of the pretzel sticks, thank you! It's an adorable project. I think I'll let my girls make the pretzels for their class Thanksgiving parties next week!

Unknown said...

YUM! The whole package simply looks amazing and be wonderful to give or received!!

Kristin Eberline said...

What a fantastic project, Amy! I love how you used the two different ribbons together as a simple yet oh so effective embellishment for your jar! Your label is such a cute and classy focal point with the elegant square framed by the cirle doilie! LOVE LOVE LOVE those red pretzels! I also make gourmet pretzels for the holidays, but I've never used candy melts. I'm definitely going to this year :] Thanks for always inspiring me ♥

Laura Pryor said...

Gorgeous gorgeous!!! I make candy covered pretzyls too!! Usually they are for Halloween. I can't wait to try your pretty holiday version. Unbelievably gorgeous double ribbon and tag!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous,Wonderful project.I will follow your blogg:)

PatS said...

Yummy. Your label is cute! Make me think about getting started with my holiday baking. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

super cute gift idea!! I know I would love to see this with my name on it :)

Susie Lessard said...

Amy, what a "sweet" gift idea. I've been making a list of homemade Christmas treats for my neighbors and this fits the bill! You've so very clever!! :)

Christina Fischer said...

Amy, this is fabulous inside and out! It's a delight for the eyes and the tastebuds! :)

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet gift, Amy! Love it!

Sharon Harnist said...

Love this, Amy -- the doily is a wonderful accent!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a lovely gift!

Carolyn King said...

I want to eat this project! (except that it is way to beautiful to touch!) Wow..beautiful Amy!

Natalie said...

Love the gorgeous layers! Beautifully done and definitely yummy to the eyes!

Elizabeth said...

Love this! Would really be interested in a bow tutorial. How do you get them to look so nice and be layered?

irishgalkelly said...

Oh so pretty! What a neat idea with the paper doily underneath too. This looks so festive, can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness is this ever adorable!! Great gift idea, Amy!

Luv 2 Create said...

Such a pretty presentation. Great last minute gift. Thanks for the recipe!!!
Marcie

apple blossom said...

love your idea. nice

Tosha Leyendekker said...

YUM!! What a charmingly decorated jar Amy!! LOVE how you used the two ribbons, and that sweet doily bg!! I'm always inspired when I visit here!

Bev J. said...

Pretty, festive and tasty-tfs.

mmwilken said...

Amy, that is so pretty and would look wonderful on my table!! Hahaha
Thank you for sharing your gorgeous jar. Such wonderful ideas with this hop!!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is beautifully packaged! Your treats look amazing! Yum! The ribbons and paper doily are fantastic embellishments! I must find some of the doilies! TFS!