Saturday, October 27, 2007

Today's Yummy Project

No stamping today :( Not yet, anyway.

But, I did get to make something cool -- apple butter, the old-fashioned way, in huge copper kettles over an open fire. It's a tradition in my mom's family that I can remember doing every few years since I was a tot. We started last night with 8 bushels of apples and finished late this afternoon with 67.5 quarts of applebutter. A fun day back home with family.



  1. Now that is a wonderful family tradition. Reminds us of the many conveniences we have today, and how buying a jar at the store is not as yummy as homemade :)

  2. That sounds really yummy, and great fun!

  3. Thanks for the well wishes. Wow what a neat tradition - making apple butter. Looks like the tradition is being pass down to next generations, is that your little boy in the picture.


  4. My mother used to make apple butter. I never got her recipe.

  5. Wow! What an amazing tradition! Sound so yummy too!


Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...