Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another Sketch Challenge

This card was for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #24. Can you tell I love sketches?

I had a really hard time getting this card to come together. At first, my plan for this star stamp was a super sleek, minimalist design - just the image, then the star cut out and popped up, all on a plain white background. Well, it was sleek and minimalist alright ... and BORING! I always admire the designers who can make a really, really simple card that looks amazing. Clearly I'm not one of them :(

So I brought in some color, did my usual adding, layering, and general fussing, and then adapted it to Beate's sketch. In the end, it was worth the fuss. I'm glad I flexed some creative muscle and pushed this through to the end. It would have been easy enough to quit mid-design.


  1. This card is gorgeous! I am going to have to try out this sketch this evening!

  2. Really gorgeous! I love the embossed background!

  3. I love your card so cute! I was looking around on your splitcoast gallery and saw this little tote w/matching cards you made I would LOVE to make some do you have the deminsions on the little tote? If you do can you please email it to me at Thanks soooo much!


  4. very pretty miss a. like all the layers and the pierced paper. i also love that embossed bg (i have that one too. such a good one - i was going to try to use it for my christmas cards and still haven't gotten round to that!)
    you come up with some lovely stuff using the sketches :-)


Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...