Thursday, October 18, 2007

October Teacher Appreciation



I love it when volunteering and playing are the same thing! I serve on the teacher appreciation committee for the PTO at my son's school. Every month, we put together a little something for the staff as a token of the PTO's thanks.

This month, we're doing a simple sour cream box with a bite-size candy bar inside. I used Stampin' Up!'s Spooky Spiders Wheel with black ink to cover a whole 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white. Then I used the small circle shadow stamp from Little Pieces to highlight the actual spiders in orange ink. I was able to create four favors out of each full sheet.

We make around 60 treats each month. Of course we're on a budget, so this was a great project -- fast AND economical. If you have cute project suggestions, please leave me a comment. I'm always looking for new ideas. My oldest is in first grade, and my youngest isn't even 6 months old. I have TEN more years of elementary school!


1 comment:

Tracy said...

oh i love seeing all of them in a big bunch - looks soo fun. And each one is adorable. Those teacher appreciation monthly things can get to be difficult - this fits the bill for cuteness, affordability and most imposrtantly - DO-ability! If i can think of some ideas or see any in my travels honey i'll be sure to let you know.
Lucky teachrs :-)