Friday, October 12, 2007

Feels Like Fall To Me ...



The crisp air of Fall has finally made it to Virginia! My favorite time of year? It just might be.

I've been playing with some beautiful fall designer paper -- Stampin' Up's Apple Cider double-sided. For this card, I wanted to rough it up a bit, so I sanded the dp until some of the white core showed through. On the two striped squares, I added a very subtle swirl in Vanilla craft ink. It's hard to see, but the Really Rust base of the card is stamped with the Canvas background stamp using Really Rust ink. The card (4 3/4 x 4 3/4) is larger than the bg stamp, so I opted to stamp the background five or six times, each time at a different angle. I got full coverage and a lot of overlap. A lot of stamping for the, oh, 1 square inch of rust that actually shows, but I think it adds to the overall scuffed up look. I also sponged the edges with rust ink for more of the same look. I kept trying to add something else, ribbon, hardware, etc., but nothing really added anything. The only thing I might try would be to use the ticket punch on the four outside corners of the group of designer paper squares.

Supplies used:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Canvas background
Paper: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla card stock; Apple Cider designer paper
Inks: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla craft
Accessories: Vintage Brads, 1/16" Punch, Scallop Punch, Distressing Tool, Sponge Daubers

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I love listening to you scrappers talk, because I have NO idea what you are talking about, but it sounds so businesslike!

this is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love this card! I feel a CASE coming on!

Tracy said...

this is really nice - i always like sanding (or white paint wash) and love white core patterned paper :-)