Monday, January 26, 2015

Valentine Tag Trio


I was browsing around my bookmarked challenges this weekend, and Tag, You're It caught my eye. Check out Heather's awesome inspiration tag:



Reverse Confetti has a new floral set, LOVE BLOOMS, that I thought would fit perfectly. Turns out, as I got going, I kept gravitating toward hearts. 'Tis the season, I suppose!




 All three tags were first cut with the TAG ME Confetti Cuts die using two different patterns. Tag 1 also includes a pair of hearts from the HEART TO HEART Confetti Cuts, along with the word "love" from the HEART LOVE PRETTY PANELS Confetti Cuts. I added a little gold splatter and some gold metallic stitching for fun.




Tag 2 has a large heart (also from the HEART TO HEART Confetti Cuts die set) and an ARROW Confetti Cuts die-cut in place of the loops and heart pair. 



And Tag 3 is just like Tag 1, only in different colors:









PAPER: designer paper scraps, Crate Paper Open Book 6x6 collection, red card stock, dark gray card stock

OTHER: gold cord, ivory thread, gold metallic thread, Heidi Swapp gold and black mist, foam squares



On a different topic -- I always enjoy the variety of crafty things my fellow card-makers also do, so I thought I'd share a sewing project I was busy with last week. My daughter's 5th-grade class put on an Aladdin Jr. performance, and so naturally, the parents were busy with all kinds of things: costumes, painting sets, gathering props, and such. 

My husband and parents got a kick out of seeing our old brass dining room chandelier, which had been gathering dust in the garage for a few years, as part of the Cave of Treasures set. And I told my mom and dad to be on the lookout for the magic carpet costumes, which I warned might have a lot in common with my old window treatments! It's not a very good shot, but here are my daughter and younger son modeling the magic carpet costumes I made (sadly, I didn't get a photo of the two girls who played the magic carpets [and did a fabulous job!]):



This was one of those things where I found some spare fabric in my basement and some basic instructions online (thank you Lori Hart Beninger), and thought 1) I know how to sew; and 2) it's just a flat piece with a border and layers, right? I do that ALL the time with paper ... how hard could it be? Turns out, it wasn't hard, just time-consuming. The first carpet probably took me 12-14 hours. The second one went much more quickly -- maybe only 2 hours, 'cause I knew what I was doing by then! 
And if you ever need magic carpet costumes, I now have two!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 


11 comments:

Ellibelle said...

LOVE your tags! Love the way you used the twine, and such gorgeous colors too!

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous tags!! I have started projects and veered off myself! Oh, the magic carpet costumes are too much!

donna mikasa said...

Awesome trio of tags! I love them all. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

anja curvers said...

Wow such a great trio of tags, love them all. Thanks for joining us over at Tag you're it.

Lisa H. said...

ooooo! I triple LOVE your tags. so cute. AND love the magic carpets. Our school did Aladdin two years ago when my oldest was in 6th grade. it was an amazing production and so much fun! good work!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I absolutely adore these beautiful tags Amy!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

These are fabulous, thanks so much for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

jan metcalf said...

Love your love tags!!

Oliwiaen said...

The trio is great, love the fresh colour combo and perfect layering :) And I simply LOVE the carpet costumes, just fabulous!!

Jeanne J. said...

Amy these tags are GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Your "carpets" look great. Tags too. Lori Hart Beninger