Friday, July 13, 2012

Soar - Viva La Verve


I'm hosting the current Viva La Verve sketch challenge over in the Verve Forum. Hope you'll join in! The challenge is open to all. You don't have to use Verve stamps (but if you have 'em we love to see 'em). And if you complete all five of the July sketches (sketches are posted each Friday), you can enter to win the monthly prize. Good luck!

Here's the sketch:



I went a little scrappy with my sample, combining a layered butterfly die-cut (Verve's Flutterby and All Aflutter), Pink Paislee Prairie Hill papers, some Maya Road fringed twill, and a Jillibean Soup cardboard circle frame. I swiped the edges of the background paper and yellow polka dot tag with some ivory acrylic paint, then distressed with a distressing tool. Details include hemp, dark gray buttons, and some tiny Tim Holtz staples. I didn't start out with any specific sentiment in mind, and when it came time to add one, I wasn't sure where to put it. In the end, I tucked the small "soar" sentiment from Wings of Love into the circle frame - it fits the space and goes well with the butterfly.

This will be perfect for a friend of mine who is kind of starting over with a new house, a new-ish job, and even a new (but old) last name (back to her maiden name after a divorce). Soar is exactly what I hope she does as she rebuilds her life.

Thanks for visiting!


5 comments:

KimCreate said...

Stunning! the paper, twill and corrugated cardboard, lucious!!
Kim

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Amy!! Love the layers & distressing!! I {heart} those papers!!

Marisa said...

Your sketches always challenge me, Amy! Love your card using it and I'm sure your friend will be encourage by it. Off to put my thinking cap on...

Татьяна А. said...

Lovely!!!

Tanya Flower said...

Very beautiful!!!