Thursday, July 5, 2012

Accessorize - DS59



 Are you ready for a new Deconstructed Sketch? Did this past week fly by for you, too?

 Since it's the first week of the month, we have a sponsor,  Country Bumpkin StampsLorie, the designer of Country Bumpkin Stamps, is offering FOUR stamp sets to one lucky challenge participant! To be eligible, just create a project using the sketch (below), post it online, and then link it back to Jen's sketch challenge post by next Wednesday night at 8pm CST. Good luck! 


 Here's what we're playing with:





I chose to work with the super adorableGracee Goose. She's colored with Copics, trimmed out, and placed onto a card made from Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer papers. 


 Gracee reminds me of Esmerelda, a large wooden goose my mother had when I was growing up (she still has it, I think). Through some mishap or another, Esmerelda's head once broke off. We glued her back together and tied a bow around her neck to cover the break. Accessorize! 


 Check out what my teammates did this week, too ...





  • Amber Hight
  • Arielle Gordon
  • Donna Wardle 
  • Jen Shults 
  • Jessica Diedrich (on vacation this week)
  • Judy Rozema, Guest Designer
  • Kadie Ensley
  • Lori Boyd
  • Pam Varnell
  • Sheri Gilson (out sick this week)

  • I'm going to keep this short, since I'm running a wee bit late with my post. Hope you can join us this week. Happy Thursday!



    10 comments:

    Dawn Easton said...

    Super cute Amy!!!!

    Mihaela said...

    This is so so cute!!!

    Jen Shults said...

    This is seriously amazing Amy. I love the soft way you colored that goose and the rest of the card is just gorgeous. I love that pop of contrast with the brown and red. So pretty!

    Marisa said...

    What a cute duck :) Love the buttons and ribbon/paper through them.

    Elizabeth said...

    Very cute! Love the big buttons!

    Unknown said...

    Awww I LOVE this Amy!! I think the bow looks so sweet on Gracee and your choice of papers is just perfect!! Xx

    Alexandra said...

    Lovely, cute and colourful card Amy. The buttons are a nice touch, very unusual too.

    Conniecrafter said...

    She brings a smile and like how the sentiment is stitched on, neat threading of the buttons!

    Arielle H Gordon said...

    Amy, this is so sweet - your coloring is fabulous & I love those papers!

    Judy Rozema said...

    Your colors are fabulous on this! Love the buttons too!!