Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Celebrate Your Day



The bad news is I've only been in my craft room twice since last Thursday -- once to lay down towels to mop up some minor flooding and once to get the wet towels back out after the storm passed. But even though I have no new projects to share, the good news is that I remembered a handful of projects I made a while back for The Cat's Pajamas but for some reason never posted here. The card I'm sharing today is my favorite from the late April release. The butler silhouette images in the Commemorating You stamp set just begged for a vintage look. The stamp die-cuts were done with TCP's Stamp Trio CutUps die. The kraft envelope is by Maya Road, the seam binding and glittered stars are from the MemrieMare etsy shop, and the background paper is by Prima. This is one of those cards that came together in a jiffy. I feel like I just tossed some random things together in a pile and stuck the pile on a card base!

Speaking of The Cat's Pajamas, the new TCP Tuesday Challenge (#217) is up, and it's a fun one! I'll pop in later this week with my challenge creation. Check it out and play along!

Before I go, just wanted to say I'm sorry I've been so out of touch so far this summer. Like pretty much everyone else, I'm just trying to balance crafty time with having the kids out of school. Right now, the crafty time is getting the short end of the stick. Hope you're having a great summer so far!

Thanks for visiting,


15 comments:

Mihaela said...

Wonderful card!!! I like everythings.....colors, design....

June Houck said...

Oh, I love when a great card comes together from bits and bobs strewn about on my craft table. Lovely card, Amy!

Casandra Bennett said...

Such a beautiful card. I, too, am balancing crafty time with kids being home. Odd that a few weeks ago, we had a storm blow through and the windows were slightly open and we ended up with some flooding in my study, too. I was using big bath towels to try and wipe it up and keep my papers from being ruined. Thankfully, most everything near the window was in plastic bins, and didn't get damaged. Phew!

Marisa said...

Great card. Love the big twine loops on the seam binding ribbon. Hear you re: summer and kids home, but before we know it they will be gone so err on the side of spending time with them and creating memories. That's my logic anyway :) If you need a laugh, just think of me for two weeks in the pool starting to reek like chlorine LOL!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

the colors are stunning!!!! absolutely beautiful!
I am so sorry to hear about your flooding! this weather has been unbelievable!

Ali said...

The colors are Amazing..Absolutely Beautiful..
Scratch Card

curlyqmosaics said...

Beautiful card! Love that bow and the glittered stars, such amazing texture!

Kelly said...

So beautiful! I'm your newest follower. Hugs, kelly xxx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh no.. Hope the minor flooding problem got taken care of! Lovely card Amy. Glad you finally posted it. The doily,the envelope, the cute silhouette images... so perfect. Enjoy your summer with your kids! They come first!

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE this scrappy little gem!

Happy 4th!!
~Amy

Unknown said...

I love the way your cards come together Amy. This is another beauty and don't worry about not blogging. We understand and kids should come first, always.

Sorry about the flooding in your crafty space, everything is upside down {weather wise} this year. :(

Happy 4th of July!

Cathy Parlitsis said...

SOOOO pretty, Amy! I love that starfish!

Oliwiaen said...

Love how glitter adds bling to this vintage card :-) Gorgeous card!
Hope nothing got damaged in your room because of the flooding?

julie_elf said...

Can't find a word! It's so gorgeous!

Альбина Рассеина said...

Восхищена всеми вашими работами! Спасибо за красоту, я получила массу удовольствия от просмотра блога. Становлюсь постоянным читателем. Творческих успехов желаю!

I admire all your work! Thank you for your beauty, I got a lot of pleasure from watching the blog. Becoming a regular reader. I wish you every success!