Sunday, December 9, 2018

Even More Bells & Baubles - Right At Home


Happy Sunday! Just popping in today to share the last few projects I made with Right At Home's new BELLS & BAUBLES stamps and coordinating BELLS & BAUBLES dies.  Such a cheerful and festive set -- I had so much fun making all of these projects!



The first two cards today feature brighter and more festive color schemes than what I've shared previously. 



For this card, I stamped the smallest ornament in rainbow colors, arranged them around a PEACE LOVE JOY sentiment and then filled in with colorful stamped accents.



Of course my eye goes right to the bad stamping on the red accent. I hope in the overall colorful arrangement, that little mistake is well camouflaged! (And if not, it adds to the handmade charm, right? That's what I'll tell myself, anyway!)





I think my favorite part about this set has been playing around with various color schemes. For this one, I definitely wanted something more reminiscent of vintage glass ornaments, so I picked out lime green, hot pink, aqua, and purple


Also in keeping with the vintage ornament inspiration, I added shimmer to these ornaments, both with embossing powder and with a silver sparkle pen. You can see a little bit of that in the close-up below:


I'm usually a big fan of neutrals and even traditional reds and greens for my holiday cards, but this ended up being one of my favorite cards with this set. What's not to love about bright, cheery colors, right?!




I couldn't resist creating a shaker card for my last card. I chose the ball ornaments for this card, and instead of stamping all the layers, I just stamped one solid background and then silver embossed line detail image. 


My background is ink blended in lime green and purple. I layered my shaker frame onto that and filled it with a coordinating sequin mix.



The sentiment, once again, is from PEACE LOVE JOY, which I really love. The mix of type with large handwritten words and the overall large size are so eye-catching!



That's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

jan metcalf said...

Gorgeous cards, my fave is the colorful vintage!! Awesome holiday card!