Saturday, November 14, 2015

Celebration Inspiration

Welcome to Day Five of Papertrey Ink's November release countdown. Up today: birthdays and other celebrations. We've got quite a line-up of new birthday-themed stamp sets and dies that you're sure to love!

Today's featured products, along with the rest of the November release, will be available at 10 pm EST November 15 in the Papertrey Ink store.


My first card features Scene It: Celebration, Birthday Cheer, and Type Strip Numbers III. I started by die-cutting a handful of the banner in a circle (using a Scene It: Celebration die) and stacking theme together. Next I stamped the banner sentiment, from Scene It: Celebration stamp set in Orange Zest. I used the same die-cut and cut a banner circle from red card stock and a pattern from Maile's new Ombre Stripes paper collection, then pieced them in above and below the banner. I added another layer to the circle stack, the one with the stars. It has been stamped in a combination of Limeade Ice and New Leaf. 


The "celebrate" die-cut is from Birthday Cheer. I've enjoyed Holiday Cheer so much, so I was super excited to see this in the November release.

To personalize the card a bit, I added a "27" using the Type Bits Strip die and the Type Strip Numbers III stamp set.

Stamps: Scene It: Celebration, Type Strip Numbers III, Birthday Style

Dies: Scene It: Celebration, Birthday Cheer, Type Bits Strip, Birthday Style

Ink: Limeade Ice, New Leaf, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores

Paper: white, Limeade Ice, New Leaf and Pure Poppy card stock; Hawaiian Shores Dots patterned paper; Ombre Stripes Paper Collection

Other: white crochet thread, ink blending tool





Next up is a fun tag to celebrate a 21st birthday. I started by die-cutting a tag base out of Lizzie's Confetti Toss Paper Collection using the Tag Sale #3 die. In the back is a mini slide frame that I die-cut and stamped using Heather's Mini Slide Frame stamps and dies. These are so adorable and such a fun little accent!




The celebrate die-cut, once again, is from Birthday Cheer. I die-cut it from Limeade Ice and sponged on some New Leaf ink. "Your big day" is stamped in VersaMark on vellum and white embossed. For an embellishment I added a ballon from Birthday Style and a string that I die-cut using the Balloon Strings die set.


Stamps: Birthday Cheer, Mini Slide Frame, Birthday Style

Dies: Birthday Cheer, Mini Slide Frame, Tag Sale #3, Birthday Style, Balloon Strings

Ink: New Leaf, VersaMark, Summer Sunrise

Paper: Confetti Toss Paper Collection; Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, white card stock

Other: True Black baker's twine, enamel dots, foam adhesive





For my last card, I couldn't wait to try some DIY confetti stamping. Lizzie's Confetti Toss set is so fun. The combination of tight and loose confetti groupings, as well as the little individual dots, makes  the stamping part effortless.



The balloons are from Birthday Style, plus Balloon Strings. The sentiment was done with the Birthday Cheer stamps and dies.



Stamps: Birthday Cheer, Birthday Style, Confetti Toss

Dies: Birthday Cheer, Birthday Sytle

Ink: Autumn Rose, Limeade Ice, Sweet Blush, VersaaMark

Paper: Autumn Rose, white, and Limeade Ice card stock, Luxe Silver card stock

Other: white embossing powder, silver sequins



It's going to be a colorful and cheery day on the design team blogs! Visit the team to see lots more Celebration Inspiration:



Thanks so much for stopping by!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Amy and your tag is just fab!

Jeni Jenne said...

That tag might be the cutest thing I've EVER seen! So much detail, I'm in awe!

Diana K said...

Fabulous creations!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Amy!!!

BeverlyBL said...

Great job! Everything is so cute and festive. Card #1 is my very favorite.

A Cup of Cold Water said...

All of your projects are amazing but the Birthday card is FABULOUS!!!
You do amazing work!!!
Thanks for sharing
Susan

Leslie S. said...

Your projects are wonderful and confetti is so much fun!!

Holly Saveur said...

Great cards!

SRob said...

Love your tags!!

Kay Miller said...

These are all beyond fabulous Amy!! You are so creative!!

Debbie Br said...

What a great card!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous projects, Amy. I love how you used the confetti stamps.

Susi said...

Such fun, colourful cards/tag, Amy - brilliant!

Brithzi said...

Great Birthday projects. Love all the different products especially the Confetti Toss.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all fabulous, Amy!

PiecesbyEmily said...

LOVE your tags, Amy! So pretty!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

Lordy,Lordy,Lordy...................You've made me sooo happy today! These cards and tag are STUNNING! I love the colors that you have chosen, the composition is SUPERB and everything makes me scream for JOY!!! But I can't... my neighbor is mad at me.......see my comments to Betsy and Kay from yesterday,,,,,,,,,,you'll know then what I mean!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kathy Mc said...

I just love your style, Amy! Everything is perfection at its finest.

MTPatB said...

I like how you added the birthday number with the strip stamps--very cute card. I love the confetti stamp set, I can see lots of uses fo rit.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Love it all Amy! Great inspiration...

Oliwiaen said...

Great celebration cards, love the confetti background!