Sunday, March 15, 2015

Papertrey Ink March Release in Review

It's release day at Papertrey Ink! All of the new products the team has been featuring the past week will be available for purchase tonight  at 10 pm EST. 

I have lots more release projects to share with you today. 


I have a thing for retro signage, and have been known to stop the car just to snap a photo, so I absolutely adore Lizzie's Retro Style Graduation set! 


Here I've created a scene using Maile's Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical die for a hill and the rays die from last month's Blue Skies to make a road. (The sign on the lollipop stick was originally going to be a cupcake topper. I didn't have any cupcakes, so I used it on a card instead.)



Love how we can get that much more mileage out of the awesome retro graduation set by swapping out the sign details with Retro Style Birthday Sentiments. My family has a few milestone birthdays coming up in the next year, one 50 and two 75s. This set will be perfect! 



I adhered a snippet of a tag from the Keep It Simple Frames die set to the top of the birthday sign so that I could tie it onto a root beer bottle.


Next up is a pair of graduation cards:


This one features Dawn's Enclosed: Graduate graduation cap die. 



I used the large "congrats" sentiment from the Enclosed Graduate set to stamp a light watermark background. I love the Make It Market Mini Kit: Clipsters embellishment!


The inside is stamped with the same repeating Congrats pattern in Soft Stone ink. One of the sentiments from Tucked In: Congratulations is stamped over the background in True Black ink.



I made this for a friend's daughter who will be graduating from high school this year. School colors (obviously): green and gold. The graduation cap is from Enclosed: Graduate and the sentiment is from Keep It Simple: Graduate


The numbers (die-cut with By The Numbers) and the tassel are both cut from Luxe Gold card stock. The Sheer Basics star vellum overlay has been die-cut with the Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical die.


I think this next card may be my favorite. I always love a good floral set!


Brushed Blooms is so easy to work with! A multi-step set with lots and lots of detail images for building depth to your flowers and leaves. 


In the background is a You've Been Framed: Oval die, along with some diagonal stripe Sheer Basics vellum.



Changing gears entirely.... I stamped a colorful panel with the sweet little hexagon sign stamp from Sweet Shoppe Sentiments, then cut the bottom into a curve using the Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical die. 


The Happy Birthday sentiment, from Sentiment Splits, was designed to nestle perfectly into that curve.



Here's a sweet little birthday card. I started with a partial Soft Stone You've Been Framed: Oval die-cut. The open space above the oval is filled with a Bitty Dot Basics pattern in Berry Sorbet. 


The oval has been stamped and embellished using the stamps and dies from You've Been Framed: Ovals.



Heather's Noted set is amazing. Truly a go-to set for modern, graphic cards! I stamped the Smokey Shadow card base with the chevrons in watermark ink and clear embossed. 


The "just a note to say" sentiment is stamped on acetate, heat embossed in white, and overlaid onto a Tropical Teal hello die-cut.



I was inspired by Danielle's gorgeous Noted card HERE, particularly the ombre "hello."


 I sponged my die-cut with Aqua Mist and Tropical Teal inks, then added clear glass glitter to the bottom.

That's it for me today! What are your favorite new products from the week?

For lots more new product inspiration, visit the design team blogs. 




Planner lovers, I know you've been anticipating the new Moments Inked products! Be sure to check out Nichole's blog for product introductions and links to the designers who are featuring those products today.

Thanks for visiting!

15 comments:

Karen said...

Amy, I just love these cards!

Kristii said...

I love each and every one of your cars! Thanks for the inspiration!

Holly Saveur said...

super gorgeous cards..love them!

Christal McLean said...

Your card creations are just wonderful.Makes me want each and every set. Thank you for great inspiration!

jan metcalf said...

Great cards!!!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards! So much inspiration - thank you!

Tracy said...

Amy - you have been busy - and its all amazing! and i do see about the shopping.... :-) I would say you are now the Princess of Enabling ;-) I love so many things about each and every card.

Mary Kay Webster said...

Love all the cards! Especially the green and gold grad card!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

Your cards left me breathless!!!!!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kathy Mc said...

Oh, Amy, you haven't helped me any with my list for this month's release. I'm trying to narrow it down to a realistic $, but your cards encourage me to want it all. Awesome creations, Amy ~ so inspiring!

Whimsically Yours, Robyn said...

My favorites are your last 3 cards (the Hello cards and oval flap card). Awesome!

Monica K. said...

Wow, these are gorgeous!! So glad you're on the design team now!

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome again Amy! You knocked this release out of the park too!

Linda E said...

You hit. Home run with this release, Amy! Your cards are all beautiful!

Pet73 said...

Wow, these are fabulous!