Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Papertrey Ink December 2017 Release - Quoted: Honeycomb


Welcome to Day 3 of Papertrey Ink's December release countdown. Today's featured products are: Quoted: Honeycomb, Stencil Basics: Hexagon, Year of Psalms: December, and the Round Off Edgers die set.

All of the new products will be available at 10 pm ET December 15 in the Papertrey Ink store.


I have a few projects so share that all feature the Quoted: Honeycomb stamp set.


I had so much fun playing with honeycomb backgrounds on today's cards. There is one hexagon image in the set, and it's amazing what you can do with just that one little image! For this first card, I stamped in Versamark, heat embossed, and splattered with white paint.



Along the bottom, I used two of the Round Off Edgers dies to create the soft curve and matching petite scallop border. Finishing off that bottom edge is a small strip of Soft Stone Bitty Big patterned paper.


For the sentiment, I die-cut a tag using the Tag Sale #2 die, then stamped the stripes and sentiment.



The sentiment tag is pinned to a second tag with a tiny little clothespin embellishment. From this angle, you can also see the shine from the heat embossed background.



Stamps: Quoted: Honeycomb


Soft Stone Bitty Big patterned paper

Dies: Tag Sale #2, Round Off Edgers

Other: clear embossing powder, True Black baker’s twine
clothespin, white craft paint





For my next card, I stamped a honeycomb background in different shades of yellows, golds, and browns, then lightly watercolored over it with re-inkers to mimic the look of dripping honey.



I stamped part of the sentiment onto the honeycomb as well as some bees buzzing around. The big "honeycomb" is stamped on a separate strip and popped up.




Stamps: Quoted: Honeycomb





And then one last card for today. This time stamped smaller honeycomb pieces onto a Classic Kraft background. I mixed up the colors again for variety.



Each part of the sentiment has been stamped and popped up. The smaller strips are Saffron Spice card stock. The word "honeycomb" is stamped with a stamp positioner so that I could easily get the blend of Harvest Gold and Saffron Spice inks.





Stamps: Quoted: Honeycomb



OtherTrue Black baker’s twine, white craft paint




Be sure to visit the new Papertrey Ink blog, where you'll get lots of inspiration for Quoted: Honeycomb as well as all of today's other featured products. I'm so excited about the products in this release!

Thanks so much for visiting!


6 comments:

Carol (HB) said...

Amy, your projects are just beautiful!

jan metcalf said...

Adore your cards and SO glad you are designing with PTI countdowns again!!

Nora Noll said...

Every single one of these cards are AMAZING!!! I LOVE your design!!

Luanne said...

I just love your cards today! Amazing as always!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

My daughter says I am "very word sensitive" and she is right and so is your card's sentiment!
Very nice cards. I'm sure someone will be quite blessed by your kind words.

Leigh Penner said...

These are all fabulous, Amy!