Saturday, October 21, 2017

Queen & Co Halloween Hoopla

Hey there, a little more Queen & Co. Halloween Hoopla inspiration for you. I have absolutely loved working with all the colors, patterns, and shakers in this collection!

I Put A Spell On You

For my first card, I've featured the cauldron shaker shape and a background of layered patterned paper waves. When I'm mixing a lot of different papers, I try to alternate between smaller and larger patterns and between tone-on-tone patterns and more colorful patterns. The tone-on-tone patterns act as solids and give the eye a place to "rest." They often show off focal elements best as well.


I Put A Spell On You

I die-cut the cauldron out of dark gray and black card stock. Before filling the cauldron shaker, I added a wavy layer of green patterned paper in the background to give the effect of a potion gurgling and bubbling. Also rolling around down in that potion are various Halloween Hoopla toppings including the green eyeballs, spider webs, and purple and orange beads. Bubbling up from the potion are orange and purple Iridescent Bubbles.


I Put A Spell On You

I hand-stitched some steam lines coming up from the cauldron, as well as several more Iridescent Bubbles. The sentiment is stamped on a vertical strip of the graph paper pattern and accented with green and white twine.


Witching You A Happy Halloween

For my next card, I've combined colorful background patterns with an offset witch's hat focal point shaker element.


Witching You A Happy Halloween

I filled the shaker with an assortment of purple toppings and embellished with a Purple Sparkle String bow.

I am loving the Iridescent Bubbles. They're kind of like the best of enamel dots and sequins rolled into one embellishment! Here I've used three of them to accent my stamped sentiment.


Supplies: Halloween Hoopla, Purple Sparkle String


So glad you stopped by today!



1 comment:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These two shaker cards are so fun !!