Thursday, October 12, 2017

It's All About the Candy Corn

Hi there, I'm over on the Queen & Co blog today with a pair of cards featuring the Halloween Hoopla Kit. and thought I'd share them here too. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I'm having with this kit!



The toppings are especially cute -- pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, candy corn, spider webs, and more!


It's All About the Candy

I had to start with my favorite: candy corn, and why stop at just one?


It's All About the Candy

I started with two candy corn shakers, and then surrounded those with several more flat candy corn pieces. The candy corn are so easy to assemble thanks to the trio of dies that go with this shaker shape. I created my shaker frames from white, orange, and yellow card stock, then backed each section with papers from the Halloween Hoopla paper pad. Last, I filled each shaker with a mixture of candy corn toppings, beads, and stars. 

I found the perfect sentiment in the Halloween Hoopla stamp set, white embossed it on the black polka dot Halloween Hoopla pattern, and accented with black and white twine.

It's All About the Candy

To add to the fun, I added a scattering of the Orange Iridescent Bubbles and the tiny black stars.




Hello Pumpkin

Next up is a simple and sweet scene card that could work for both Halloween or fall in general. 


Hello Pumpkin

Here I've die-cut a patterned paper pumpkin and filled it with a mixture of orange toppings and just a few of the black stars for a little pop of contrast. The narrow strips of patterned paper manage to add a ton of color while maintaining lots of overall white space.

Hello Pumpkin

The sentiment, once again, is white embossed on the black polka dot pattern. A few more strips of colorful patterned paper and a trio of Purple Iridescent Bubbles (included in the kit) completes the card.




Thanks so much for stopping by! 



4 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Absolutely beautiful work. I love the candy corn shakers.

Susi said...

These are absolutely beautiful Halloween/Fall projects - and so fun!

Michele Kovack said...

I have bought all of these shaker fillings and this kit because of you!! You enabler!! ;) Love your cards!!! <3

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh my !! These cards are so much fun !!