Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Blogs for Boobies Blog Hop & Card Auction


Hello, friends, today I am helping Skipping Stones Design kick off their 7-day Blogs for Boobies blog hop and card auction. Welcome!



More than 60 designers will be posting cards and other projects over the next 7 days. Each card or project will be up for auction, and all of the money raised will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. I'm betting each of us has been touched by beast cancer in some way, so I hope you'll read on for how you can support this great cause!


You can help by shopping at Skipping Stones Design.

 Skipping Stones Design will be donating $2 per stamp set purchased between June 1 and June 14. SSD is releasing six new sets as well, so there is even more to choose from!



You can help by bidding on the auction items.

***Bidding Instructions***

1. To bid on the card I've posted today:
Leave a comment below with your bid amount and your email address. 
Starting bid is $5.
Only comments on this post will be eligible for this card auction. 
Comments without an email address are invalid (sorry!).

(FYI, during a silent auction bidders sign their name next to their bid. Including your email address is the electronic equivalent of signing your bid.)

2. Comments will post in chronological order, so you will be able to see the current high bid.

3. Return frequently to see if you've been outbid and to place a new high bid. 
(Below the comment field, you'll see a "subscribe to post comments" option. You can subscribe if you would like notification of additional comments.) 

4. My auction closes at 8 pm Mountain Time on June 8. 
The winning bid will be the highest valid bid at the close of the auction. I will notify the winner by email. Skipping Stones Design will send the winner an invoice for the amount of the winning bid. Once the invoice is paid, I will mail the card!



You can help by spreading the word. 

The more people who know about this event, the more money we can raise. Please feel free to share this event with friends and family and/or on social media.


Remember, this is a 7-day hop. The following designers are posting projects today, Day One.
(Tune in to the Skipping Stones Design blog each day for links to that day's designers.)


Amy Sheffer (you are here)

Stephen Kropf

Thank you for helping to make this fundraising event a success!


Now that the business is taken care of, here's my card!


I started by stamping a wildflower image from Beautiful Botanicals onto watercolor paper and heat embossing it in white. 


I'm really liking the layered watercolor look lately, complete with hard edges and darker, intense puddles of color. I watercolored the background using Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans, and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. After the watercoloring was all dry, I added some splatter using plain water, Distress Inks, and opaque white mist. Next, I die-cut the panel using a stitched rectangle die from my stash. 


Along the bottom, I added some torn vellum, some white linen thread, and a thank-you sentiment stamped onto an oval die-cut. I popped up the watercolored panel onto some foam, placed it on a larger stitched rectangle, and last, mounted it to a white card base.


Supplies:

Stamps: Beautiful Botanicals, Everyday Blessings

Dies: Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle, Papertrey oval

Ink: Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, and Faded Jeans Distress Ink; Versafine Onyx Black; Versamark

Paper: white card stock; watercolor paper, linen vellum

Other: white linen thread, foam tape, fun foam, clear sequins, white opaque mist




Remember, leave your bid amount and email address in the comments if you'd like to bid on this card. (You're also welcome to comment without bidding.)

Thank you!


33 comments:

Christy Bray said...

Lovely card! I start the bidding at $5
Christybray@sbcglobal.net

Amy Sheffer said...

Thank you, Christy!

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous watercoloring on your beautiful card! I think I need that stamp set now!!

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous watercoloring on your beautiful card! I think I need that stamp set now!!

~amy~ said...

Seriously beautiful Amy!

Barb Turpin said...

Beautiful technique, beautiful card...love the way you used the sentiment in that oval!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

So fresh and beautiful!

Muffins and Lace said...

Beautiful Amy. Thank you for joining us for the Blogs 4 Boobies hop.

Connie Mercer said...

Gorgeous!

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning Amy!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely stunning!! Wow!! I love the beautiful watercoloring!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Such a beautiful card. I just love it. It's a pleasure to hop with you!~Kim K. at My Kraft Kloset

Unknown said...

I love your card!I so happy to help hopping with you!😊

Unknown said...

I love your card!I so happy to help hopping with you!😊

Jacquie said...

Simply lovely!

Skipping stones design said...

Breathtaking. Absolutely Love Love Love

Janette Kausen said...

So pretty!

Jen Shults said...

This is gorgeous Amy!!! I love the watercoloring in over the embossed flowers - so pretty! I'll raise the bidding to $10.00 jenevey@gmail.com

Jane Luxem said...

Beautiful card! I bid $10.50.
jane@luxem.org

Salnclts said...

I love the watercolor effect and all the sequins! I just became a new follower. I bid $15. nclights7 at gmail dot com

Jo Ann said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing.

Marisa said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a beautiful card and fun idea for a fundraiser! Off to check out their store...

Becca Cruger said...

This is breathtakingly lovely! <3 Such a pretty wash of colors!

Amy Sheffer said...

Thank you, Jen!

Amy Sheffer said...

Thank you, Jane!

Amy Sheffer said...

Thank you for your bid and your comment, Amanda!

Jasmina said...

Beautiful card!
I bit $18. jazzycrafts at gmail dot com

Amy Sheffer said...

Thank you for your bid!

Kim said...

This is gorgeous! Love the watercolor effect.
Kim - Lily Patch Stamps

Laura Evangeline said...

I bid $20! laura dot evangeline at live dot com

Jasmina said...

Raising the bid to $25. jazzycrafts at gmail dot com

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Absolutely stunning!! Beautiful watercolored background for such a beautiful stamp. Glad to be doing this hop with you.