Saturday, April 30, 2016

Make It Market Kit: Don't Forget To Write


Today I'm excited and honored to help introduce Betsy Veldman's newest Make It Market kit: Don't Forget To Write. This limited-edition kit, inspired by Betsy's grandmother, includes all sorts of products for putting together customized stationery sets and so much more. All of the kit contents, as well as lots more kit info, is included at the end of this post.

The Don't Forget To Write Make It Market kit will be available at 10 pm EST tomorrow, May 1, in the Papertrey Ink store.


I went a little crazy creating with this kit (and you will too, if you get this kit), and I think I had almost as much fun photographing as I did creating, so fair warning, lots of pictures ahead!


A handmade stationery set is one of those gifts that keeps on giving and giving. Don't Forget To Write comes packaged with a lovely pink stationery box that you can then use for your completed stationery set. Additional boxes will be available as an add-on for those who want to make multiple sets. In addition, Betsy has designed some other box templates that will be available as a PDF download for kit customers. Lots more options there for smaller sets or just a different look!


Before I go through the actual stationery items, here's a look at the belly band that goes around the closed box. One of the dies in the kit is an enclosure card die, which you'll see more of below. It turns out that two of them, left unfolded and placed end-to-end, fit nearly perfectly around the box. They don't overlap much at all, so you'll need a second layer of card stock or patterned paper to keep the belly band secure. I used the bitty dot pattern from the Mint Julep + White Basics paper collection.

The monogram was done with the small letter stencils, stamped label and frame die-cuts, and floral die-cuts from the Don't Forget To Write A2 paper collection. 





Here's a first look at the contents. As you can see, the pink boxes are big enough to hold an assortment of different size cards, as well as the stickers and the custom-engraved pen that are included in the kit. I made two dividers out of Mint Julep card stock. I also lined the inside of the box top with more of the dotted Mint Julep + White paper.




The first card set is an A1 monogrammed set. I tied the notecards and envelopes together with some white linen thread and hung a "for you" tag. (The tag die-cut is not part of this kit, but the sentiment and flower/leaf stamps are.)


This card set is super simple. I adhered the full A1 sheet to an A1 card base, then topped with some vellum and a circle monogram. These monograms were all done with the small letter stencils. The letter is stenciled; the decorative flourishes are stamped.


I love the gold seam A1 envelopes! I stamped the corners on the front, then stenciled a monogram in the upper left corner. 


There are circle stickers that would be lovely as seals on the backs of the envelopes and address label stickers for the front.  (Of course, you can do anything you like with the stickers -- this is just one way to use them!)


Here's the full set of six. The design is pretty much the same for each card, and I found that the Aqua Mist and Mint Julep monogram worked beautifully with all of the different color combos.





Next in the box is a set of four A2 cards. 


I paired the word die-cuts with stamped sentiments on each of these.


Here's a look at all four.




Next is a set of six 4x4 enclosure cards. The card bases are die-cut using the included enclosure card die. I know I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this particular die! I love the petite scallops and the stitching detail!


Here's a look at the full set. I used the two frame dies, the label die, all six enclosure patterns, word dies, and some of the printed die-cut-ready florals.




On the envelope flaps, I used the large letter stencils for the initial, then accented with stamping in colors to match each card design.


On each of these, I added some gold elements (embossed sentiments, sequins) to pick up on the luxurious metallic gold envelopes.




Here's a fun idea: make some custom return address labels using the label die and white adhesive sheets. First, I printed my mom's name and address on the adhesive sheets, then die-cut the labels, and last added the letter stenciling and the stamped flourishes.


Here's another, more colorful return address label, this time with just the single initial and some floral stamping.


I think that's it for the stationery set! As you can see, I've packed a little of everything into it. And now I can't wait to give it to my mom!


Papertrey Ink Supplies:

Stamps and Dies: Don't Forget To Write Make It Market Kit

Ink: Aqua Mist, Mint Julep, New Leaf, True Black, Hibiscus Burst, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Berry Sorbet, Winter Wisteria, Plum Pudding

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Mint Julep, Winter Wisteria, New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse card stock; Don't Forget To Write paper collections; Mint Julep + White Basics patterned paper collection; white adhesive sheets

Other: True Black baker's twine, Don't Forget To Write letter stencils

Other Supplies:
Versamark ink, gold embossing powder, gold sequins, foam adhesive




I'm loving the monogram stencils in the kit! Here, I've used the stencils and stamps to create a personalized notepad for one of my younger son's teachers. I used one of the Moments Inked Notepads, which have 25 sheets of linen paper. 


The gift tag was done by layering a circle frame from Don't Forget To Write onto a Tag Sale #4 die-cut. I stamped the frame and added some stamped flower accents. The sentiment is a combination of stamps and dies from the kit.


It might seem crazy to stamp each sheet, but this whole gift, start to finish, took less than 45 minutes. Most of my cards take longer than that!

The floral cluster is a multi-step series of images, which makes building a colorful bouquet super easy! I did the stamping assembly-line-style, stamping a single image on all 25 sheets, then going back and stamping the next image 25 times, and so on. I felt a little like a machine by the end, but it definitely helped the stamping go more quickly. 

I can't wait to give this one away either! Teacher Appreciation Week starts Monday!


Papertrey Ink Supplies:

Stamps and Dies: Don't Forget To Write Make It Market Kit, Tag Sale #4

Ink: Aqua Mist, Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Mint Julep, New Leaf

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Fresh Snow Linen, and Mint Julep card stock; Moments Inked Notepads

Other: Don't Forget To Write letter stencils

Other Supplies:
cellophane bag, white linen thread, foam adhesive




The Tag Sale: Quilted die is a fantastic size for the Enclosure patterned papers. I trimmed the Mint Julep stripe paper down slightly to allow the stitch lines on the Tag Sale: Quilted die to show. I made a simple box with a Tag Sale: Quilted front and back.



Papertrey Ink Supplies:

Stamps and Dies: Don't Forget To Write Make It Market Kit, Tag Sale: Quilted

Ink: Mint Julep, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Fresh Snow Linen, and Mint Julep card stock

Other: Summer Sunrise button

Other Supplies:
white linen thread, foam adhesive




As I said, I'm loving the monogram stencils! As beautiful as the color combos are in the patterned papers (and I do mean beautiful!), it's always fun to stamp other combos, too. I've used the small floral cluster multi-step images to create a background pattern of yellows, greens, and blues. I stamped it on Fresh Snow Linen, which gives it almost a fabric look. 


It's hard to see in the photos, but the Aqua Mist circle frame is stamped in Fresh Snow ink.


Papertrey Ink Supplies:

Stamps and Dies: Don't Forget To Write Make It Market Kit

Ink: Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Mint Julep, Tropical Teal, True Black, Fresh Snow

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Fresh Snow Linen, and Aqua Mist card stock; Don't Forget To Write A2 paper collection

Other: True Black baker's twine

Other Supplies:
sewing machine, foam adhesive





One more quick project idea: calling cards! I know, I know, don't we all just text each other our contact info now? Well I still think it's fun to do it the old-fashioned way! These would be a great opportunity to try out lots of color combos, too! The "S" was done with the large letter stencil.



Papertrey Ink Supplies:

Stamps: Don't Forget To Write Make It Market Kit

Ink: Berry Sorbet, Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Green Parakeet, Aqua Mist, Soft Stone

Paper: Stamper's Select White

Other: Don't Forget To Write letter stencils


Other Supplies:
corner rounder



I've worked with a lot of kits over the years, and never has there been an easier or more beautiful one than this -- truly!


As promised, here's all the official kit info:


The next Make It Market Kit will be released on May 1st and it is entitled "Don't Forget to Write." 

 There is nothing quite like that feeling when you open your mailbox and experience opening a handwritten letter from a loved one. With this kit you can create beautiful letter-writing necessities for yourself or as a gift. There is a shaped notecard die, monogram stencils, pretty label stickers and envelope seals, gorgeous envelopes and SO much more! Betsy has integrated so many amazing details into everything here, not only will your projects be beautiful, but quick and easy to put together too.  From stationery sets as gifts, pretty notecards to have on hand, and even monogrammed tags, you will never run out of options with this kit! You will have fun experimenting and playing with all of the contents once they show up at your door!

DON'T FORGET TO WRITE KIT CONTENTS:

-Don’t Forget to Write Stamps- 2 sheets w/ labels
-Don’t Forget to Write Basics die collection
-Don’t Forget to Write Extras die collection
-Monogram Stencil Collection (set of 2)
-A1 Paper Collection- 1 sheet each of 6 patterns
-A2 Paper Collection- 1 sheet each of 10 patterns
-Enclosure Collection- 1 sheet each of 6 patterns
-Sticker Sheets- 2 sheets each of 4 designs
-(10) A1 Gold Seam Envelopes
-(10) 4x4 Gold Shimmer Envelopes
-(2) A2 Gold Shimmer Envelopes
-(2) A2 Lovely Lady Envelopes
-(2) A2 Winter Wisteria Envelopes 
-(2) A2 Hawaiian Shores Shimmer Envelopes 
-(2) A2 Mint Julep Envelopes
-Custom "Don't Forget to Write" Imprinted Pen

The total retail cost of the "Don't Forget to Write" Kit is $110. 

There will be a limited number of these exclusive kits available, so be sure to get yours on Sunday!

The "Don't Forget to Write" Kit will be available for sale beginning on May 1st at 10pm ET,
only at Papertrey Ink

Read all the details on Nichole's blog or contact Customer Service with any questions.



For more Don't Forget To Write inspiration, visit the Make It Market team:




Thanks for hanging in there with me today! Hope you like this kit as much as I have!


28 comments:

Luanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Just exquisite.

TamiBabs said...

Amazing examples Amy!!! They just got prettier as I scrolled down the page!

jan metcalf said...

You make the prettiest things! Show stoppers!

jintyoo7 said...

OH my gosh - I can't believe how long all of this took you, including this wonderful post! I applaud you! It takes me nearly a day to make one card - LOL! Absolutely fabulous :-)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love what you made with the kit, Amy! So fabulous!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous creations, Amy! Love all the different ways you used these dies for great gifts!

Diana K said...

Gasping for air! So many gorgeous projects and every detail pretty and perfect. Thanks for making me need this kit, Amy. P.S. I love the little box you made with the Tag Sale: Quilted die. So cute!

Kelly said...

goodness gracious you were a busy girl. every little thing is gorgeous. i LOVE the idea of the calling cards. oh bother, i didn't want to need this kit!

nancy said...

It's Saturday, so, like everyone else in America, I should be out doing errands. Instead, I thought I'd take a quick peek at your post. Ha, ha. You did give fair warning!
Everything you made is lovely and thoughtful. If I were the recipient of your gifts, I'd just have to stare at them for a while before using them! Thank you also for showing how Tag Sale: Quilted works with the kit. I wondered about that when reading through Nichole's post. Have a great weekend, Amy.

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness Amy!! Such exquisite creations....I am completely enamoured with your projects...and so inspired!

LauraJane:) said...

OH Amy! Your gift bag made from the Tag Sale: Quilted die is just TOOT SWEET!! This kit is PERFECT foe Mother's Day:)))

Ohhh Snap said...

Wow! Sooo many ideas, and all of them stunning! Your gift bag means I probably won't be able to get the Quilted Tag die for a while lol.

Linda said...

I am always impressed by your designs, but I'm totally gob-smacked by the extensive list of products you've done here. Absolute perfection!

TLady said...

Amy, you've come up with SO MANY GREAT IDEAS! I LOVE your address label idea & the calling cards idea too! Sometimes, when you're out you JUST MIGHT run into someone & want to give them your number.....it would DEFINITELY make a statement to pull out one of these LOVELY CARDS!!!! ;)I am IN LOVE with this kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) THANK YOU for showing us you GORGEOUS CREATIONS!!! Oh, & monogrammed cards are EXPENSIVE out there too! ;)

Sandy M said...

Amy, your cards are so beautiful. This kit is remarkable and a must have.

Cindy O said...

Wow. amazing!!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

SWEET,SWEET AMY! How happy you've made me today! All your EXTENSIVE SAMPLES are
SCRUMPTILICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This kit is to die for!

Cariños,
María Alba

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects, so many ways to use this kit! Especially like the idea of 2 dividers in the box, great space to include the pen. Diane from MN

Linda Langes said...

Wowzers your projects are so beautiful Amy. This kit looks truly amazing and your work makes it literally shine - stunning! This is going to be one very popular kit.

Anonymous said...

So inspiring and gorgeous Amy!!

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous!

Birgit said...

A truly stunning set of projects here, Amy! I'm in love with everything you made using this amazing kit. What wonderful gifts you've created from the heart!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Amy--I just keep ooing & ahing! I'm in love with all your projects & this is going to have to be my first ever kit purchase!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful sets Amy, thank you for the inspiration.

Helen L said...

Amy, I have to say that your cards/projects are just stunning!! I've pinned them so I can go back and make them when my kit comes: thanks for all the wonderful inspiration!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Amy Sheffer said...

Aww, thank you so much for your sweet comment, Helen!

Peggy Nall said...

I love the kit. I have made a coulple of boxed sets. However I have lost the double leaf stamp, and I am really missing it. How would I get a replacement for it. thanks for your help.

Amy Sheffer said...

Hi Peggy, so glad you've been enjoying your kit! I would try contacting Papertrey's customer service about the lost image. There's a customer service button in the top right corner of the Papertrey home page, or you can click here for the different Customer Service options: https://www.papertreyink.com/index.php?p=customer_service.