Saturday, August 29, 2015

SAF 2015: Stitching With Needles Challenge

I'm having a blast with Stamp-a-faire today -- hope those of you who are participating are too! The projects I've seen so far have been so creative and such fun to see!

Just popping in now to let you know about a Stamp-a-faire challenge I'm hosting -- Stitching With Needles. You'll find all the challenge info, as well as link to a Machine Stitched video tutorial, over on Nichole's blog. In the video, I share a fun metallic thread that I love using, as well as tips for stitching around circular or other non-linear shapes.

Stitching is one of my favorite techniques. I love the subtle texture stitching adds and the homespun quality it can give a project. Often my stitching is more decorative, but it's also a practical alternative to adhesives, particularly with vellum or acetate!

I am challenging Stamp-a-faire participants to add machine stitching to their cards. Hope you'll play along! I look forward to seeing all the creations!

Here's a peek at my machine stitched cards:


Here I've used the fun metallic thread to stitch on my sentiment die-cut.


And here I've added stitching around the die-cut frame.

Hope you'll join me for this challenge. And swing by the PTI forum to chat!


8 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards, Amy, as always! My sewing machine was causing me grief, so I put it away. I'll have to pull it out & hope that the break had a healing effect on it. LOL!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just got done with your challenge -- while I didn't even attempt a circle sewing, at least I had sewing ;) -- your cards are inspiring!

Luvpurple said...

Amy, you are an amazing card designer! Love your work. Especially the stitched candle. Who am I kidding? I especiallyv love them ALL!

Luvpurple said...

Amy, what was the name of your shimmery thread? TIA!

A Crafty Person said...

Amy, thank you for all the lovely words of encouragement yesterday for SAF. It was a fun, busy day made all the more fun with seeing all the design team's post, projects and tutorials. So very glad you are on the PTI design team!!!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

It's called Sulky Holoshimmer. The color I used is called yellow-gold, but there are 24 colors in the line. I purchased mine a long time ago and have forgotten where, but I was able to find it on the JoAnn's website. Hope that helps! (Sorry, I don't have your email to respond directly!) And I noticed I have a typo in the supply list on the video -- should be Sulky, not Sulty :/

Amy Sheffer said...

Thank you so much! The best part of my day was bopping around to the different blogs and photo hosting sites to see all the beautiful challenge creations!

lainey said...

Amy, I love these cards! I need to take out my Birthday Style set and use it again. And I have lots of that Sulky thread! Thanks for the great inspiration!